3. Pride of America
We are from NZ and not seasoned cruisers but travel a lot, friends opted for this cruise to celebrate special birthdays so we said "why not" We read reviews before we departed and were concerned. I have no idea why there are negative reviews as we couldn't really find anything to fault and this is despite the major disruption to our sailing due to "Hurricane Lane" Sure there were a couple of staff members in dining areas that let the side down but by far there were more positive interactions with dining and bar staff (especially Gino and Nick in Skyline restaurant) As previously stated "Hurricane Lane caused major disruption, we had to spend 3 days at sea instead of stopping at island ports to avoid the weather(this had never happened before, and all island ports including Honolulu had been closed by the US coast guard) but communication was excellent and not once were we in rough water, in fact it was hard to believe there was even bad weather being experienced for the local island people. The Hurricane also delayed our return to Honolulu by a day. GREAT JOB CAPTAIN and support staff. There were people who unreasonably complained and whined and tried to get as much as possible for free because of this situation, which is why I decided to write my review, because I am sure they will write their reviews and I wanted a balanced opinion. I encourage others to write of their positive experiences too. We made the most of our time onboard by experiencing entertainment not previously experienced and LOVED it, we didn't think shows were our thing, we were wrong...Comedy, Cabaret, Dance (especially Abba on the 1st night) and even Bingo.

Better than expected!

xfile99’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 8596
Completely adequate not luxury, but completely adequate with good storage, suitcases stored easily under beds. We bought our own pillows but didn't really need to. The only suggestion I would make is to rethink the toiletries, thank goodness I did bring my own conditioner as there was none and the shower gel was quite "harsh"
Need to better police the no smoking on balconies as there were people smoking on balconies(I am a smoker but respected the rules and smoked where I was supposed to)
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Molokini Crater
    Very expensive for what you experience and too long, we decided to do this based on seeing turtles,( we saw 1and a few fish) I think you could better utilise time doing something else. There was 1 staff member onboard who made the excursion bearable and I think he was more bar staff and chief BBQer! Food was awful.
    View All 45 Molokini Crater Reviews