Silver Spirit Cruise Review

Silver Spirit Cruise Review by jonbix

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Classic Veranda Suite

We chose this cruise because we have always wanted to travel and explore Norway and Denmark. This is the first cruise we have been on and wanted it to be a good experience.

We chose Silversea due to their reputation and recommendations from friends whom have traveled with Silversea. The price was high compared to other cruise lines but in the end it was worth every cent. The staff was amazing and very friendly, the food was incredible. My Wife is Gluten Free and as we informed them of this up front they were very responsive and well prepared for her dietary needs. Norway was amazing and the shore excursions were well worth it. The ship rout was such that we zigged and zagged in and around the majestic islands and fjords able to see amazing scenery. The offshore weather was a bit rough and I was amazed at hos stable the ship was, so I was told due to the stabilizers that were being used. I would do it again for sure, but would choose a different cruise so to see new sights.

jonbix's Full Rating Summary

Classic Veranda Suite
Cabin CV 617

Very clean and spacious for two people. It would be a bit tight with two other people staying in the room. The bathroom was very spacious with a separate shower and tub. I would not get a room closer to the bow due to the noise of the anchor and the waves as the bow hit them when in rough weather. If anything I would choose a cabin a bit further aft in the ship, but not much. I loved being on the 6th level as I like hearing the water going by. If I was higher up in the ship I may not have heard the water. Very little engine noise from this cabin, except when the bow thrusters were being used in port.

Copenhagen

Bus tour highlighting the key spots in the city.

Flam

The train ride and return bus trip back were spectacular

Molde

Went on the Atlantic drive tour, was able to see how the locals live and the beauty was breathtaking.

jonbix