3. Golden Princess
First, I would like to say that most of service staff in the bars were excellent. Our room wasn’t too bad, especially in comparison to some of the other reviews and the scenery was spectacular. We certainly didn’t let the state of the ship take away from our enjoyment. However, for the price of this cruise and what you get, I was very disappointed. I will likely never sail with princess again. Despite the previous replies from princess that the sewage smell and water leaks were fixed, I assure you they are not. Perhaps the smell was worse before but a large portion of the 7th floor still smells like sewage, we had a leak in our bathroom and our whole bathroom floor was covered in water...which is not a nice middle of the night surprise and there are still leaks throughout the ship. There was one leak in the buffet that was there from start to finish. The food was disappointing to say the least. This was my 3rd cruise so my expectations were that the food would good but it really wasn’t. A couple of people at our table couldn’t even eat some of the food in the dining room. The grill was fine and the buffet was about what you would expect. There seemed to be constant repairs and Reno’s going on the entire time we were on board, which was incredibly disappointing since the boat was supposed to be refurbished before we sailed. My husband was trying to relax in the adult hot tub but they were replacing tiles so there was constant banging around and noise. They painted the handrails all around the 15th floor so the last day at sea you had to be careful not to lean on the rail, which was not great timing as it was a glacier day. The pool was also closed on the last day for maintenance and repairs which seemed odd to me. We felt very nickeled and dimmed the entire time too. There were so many things that were an extra cost which I found annoying more than anything. Very disappointed overall in the boat and the food. We went with a group of 30 and at this price point, we all expected better.

Wouldn’t travel with Princess again...

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Tstewart12

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Tstewart12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C512
Our room was mostly fine, there were drinks in our fridge from the previous guests and we had a bathroom leak. It otherwise it was fine. My parents had a balcony room and they had drinks left in their fridge as well.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Mendenhall Glacier
    The glacier was beautiful and we saw some humpback whales. The price for what you got though wasn’t worth it. We should have booked independently.
    View All 889 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews