3. Celebrity Equinox
This is a combo report/review from a b2b western/eastern carribean trip I did July/Aug 2018 on Equinox. I was in a Sky Suite the first week and an Aquaclass room the second. To cut to the chase: I had a terrific time and I’ve booked another Equinox b2b for next summer; although a good bit earlier in the season. Embarkation Day 1 I flew into MIA in the morning, landing about 1130. Because I’d used Luggage free this time, I had no bags to await and so was was a quick stroll thru the airport. I planned to use Uber, but found myself standing at a long line of waiting taxis so hoped in and was off. About the best port experience I’ve had with Celebrity. Suites entrance to the building, then common line up and thru security. Quickly at a checkin desk and smiling for my picture. Though I felt a twinge of nostalgia for my escort thru the “secret” entry last time I came on board as a Grey Portfolio-ed CS guest, I managed to find my own way onto the ship and into Luminae with no problems. After a hearty “welcome back” the Maître D’ sat me at a table and I enjoyed a good embarkation day lunch. By the time I’d finished, cabins were ready. This was the first time I’d used a luggage valet service from home. Fabulous—my bags left me 5 days earlier, and were waiting for me at the suite. Embarkation Day 2 They make it about as easy as it could be when you’re doing a back to back. I hung out for an hour or so in Michael’s, bidding my adieu to suite life, before the 25 or so of us staying on were escorted off. We hung out for 20 or so minutes in an area just off the ship before going down the escalator, through immigration and back on board the ship. We received new seapasses while waiting to go thru immigration, and that was about all there was to it. I hit Café al Bacio—10AM with NO LINE. And then went off to future cruises office---the sole customer… Finally, before heading to the MDR lunch, I headed upstairs just to see, and sure enough, everything had been moved from the old suite to the new cabin. Even the tea kettle made it! Cabin Week 1 Sky suite Aft Corner (8345) Once I was in my 8th deck aft corner sky suite, any nostalgic thoughts about the old celeb suite disappeared. As a solo traveler those S1s are the tops for me. Terrific space, that nice big round window and a perfect sized balcony make for a very relaxing trip. Others complain about the pole, but I’ve lived in a couple of places where similar concessions to function have been made in order to gain a wide-open feel, so it’s not a bother. I had one of the best butler and steward teams anywhere. Everything was thought of just before I thought to ask. Cabin Week 2 AquaClass A2 (1548) I’d originally booked an A1 with the larger angled balcony, but then started reading about the overhang, and it occurred to me that I’d been in an S1 on Reflection with exactly the same issue—large balcony with no sun to enjoy on it. So, after copious CC reading, I moved “down” to an A2, 1548 and was glad that I did—it’s the last cabin without the overhang. First non-suite in 20 years…wow, shipboard living can be a little snug!! LOL In truth, the room was terrific—that couch is even usably once I dumped one of the back bolsters under the bed. The shower was fine too; although I’d gladly trade in the “jets” for a wand. My cabin attendant was a wonderful host and even managed my preferred afternoon goodies just like my butler had. OF course I was left to fend for myself for Pellegrino and Tea Forte.

Caribbean Back-to-Back Western/Eastern

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by cmhdoogalsatsea

Embarkation Day 1

Embarkation Day 2

Cabin Week 1 Sky suite Aft Corner (8345)

Cabin Week 2 AquaClass A2 (1548)

cmhdoogalsatsea’s Full Rating Summary