3. Carnival Imagination
I'll never cruise with Carnival again. Let me just say, I only chose Carnival because I was vacationing with a group of eight people, and the majority chose Carnival. Personally, I would have chosen another cruise line... But that's neither here nor there. Carnaval nickel-and-dime for everything. You can't even get up soft drink on the ship without being charged. Other Cruise Lines don't do that. Alcohol yes... But not a soda. Room service is free...until 10 p.m. Then you're charged. This is just another example of the nickel-and-diming! Also, the souvenir pictures they take of you costs $14 each. Yet another example of nickel-and-diming. For the amount you pay for the cruise you should at least be able to get one picture for free. And the others should be less than $14. Our room was decent. Nothing to write home about. The bathroom so so. But I wasn't expecting much. Once I was in the shower I realize that it wasn't clean the way it should have been. There were dirty fingerprints in the shower. Keep in mind that this was the first night we boarded the ship. Neither I or my roommate had yet taken a shower. So these weren't our fingerprints. Thankfully I brought my own Lysol and cleaned the bathroom myself. That's the only way I knew it would be clean. FYI they don't do a very good job at cleaning your rooms. When we'd leave and come back in the evening, the only thing they did was make your bed and gave you towels... IF AND ONLY IF they're left on the floor. Otherwise they would straighten out the towels that was already there. They didn't vacuum and they didn't change the sheets. Our Last Night of the cruise my party and I went to Pride restaurant. We were told that we could bring in our own bottles of wine. We were also told that there would be a cork fee of $30 if they had to remove the corks. However, if we removed them ourselves there would be no charge. Our server offered us a bucket of ice for our wine. At the very end before serving us dessert, our server told us that we will be charged $30 for a cork fee. Be reminded that they never opened any bottles for us. As a matter of fact two of our bottles were screw tops. We asked to speak with the manager. He arrived at our table with and overt attitude. He wouldn't allow us to explain our situation... And went on to tell us that we were being charged for drinking our wine and their establishment. Hmmm... that's not a cork fee. He never let us get a word in edgewise. He told us that these rules were in the contract. But that's a LIE. The contract does not say that you'll be charged for drinking your own alcohol in any of the restaurants. After his speech he walked away without saying anything else. We sat for another 5 to 10 minutes and another manager came over. His name was Christoph. He was friendly and allowed us to explain the situation. He apologized and said that $30 charge would be removed. However, we were still charged the $30. I had to call Carnival once we returned home from the cruise to get a refund. The last morning of the cruise, we woke up to no water and malfunctioning toilets. The toilet wouldn't flush there was no water in the sink or the showers. I was forced to leave the Ship Without a shower, and had to brush my teeth with the remaining Margarita from the night before. Later we found out that there were busted pipes in some of the the rooms on our floor. I assume that's the reason for no water that morning. But it would have been nice to have received some type of notification. One thing you should know that I did not is that the Imagination ship is an older ship. It's not as big as others. There's one pool and 1 small hot tub to fit about 6 people. We never got into the pool because it was always so crowded and kids splashing everywhere. The hot tub was absolutely disgusting with hair and other things floating around. I made do with what we had. I had a great time with the friends I was with, but I will never cruise with Carnival again. They've put a very bad taste in my mouth!

Don't Do It

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by ShavoneneMoss

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
I'll never cruise with Carnival again.

ShavoneneMoss’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E R193
Our room was decent. Nothing to write home about. The bathroom eh. But I wasn't expecting much. Once I was in the shower I realize that it wasn't clean the way it should have been. There were dirty fingerprints in the shower. Keep in mind that this was the first night we boarded the ship. Neither I or my roommate had yet taken a shower. So these weren't our fingerprints. Thankfully I brought my own Lysol and cleaned the bathroom myself. That's the only way I knew it would be clean.
They didn't do a very good job at cleaning your rooms. When we'd leave and come back in the evening, the only thing they did was make your bed and gave you towels... IF AND ONLY IF they're left on the floor. Otherwise they would straighten out the towels that was already there. They didn't vacuum and they didn't change the sheets.

Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins