3. Carnival Magic
We choose this ship mainly for the ports of call and knew it wasn't a new ship BUT this ship was just plain awful. This was our 3rd cruise (6 sailed total) with carnival and will be our last! For my review below, I would have stopped at customer service to discuss with them but every time I stopped the line was ridiculous, so I did not get a chance. Ship-Overall completely outdated smells of stale cigarette smoke everywhere. Cabin-we stayed on the 2nd floor, basic inside cabin. Whole floor smelled like mold/mildew, the smell permeated into the room. Washed all of my clothes when I got back because the smell stuck to my clothes. The a/c unit barely worked and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. We did, however, have a fantastic housekeeper! Dining/Food-we requested the anytime dining and did not get it and was given the 815 dining, so we never went to the formal dining room. The cafeteria, get ready to wait 20-30 mins in line every day for awful food, just horrible. The best food on the ship is in the cucina del capitano (italian restaurant) $15 a person and you get an app, main course, and dessert. I purchased the soda package, what a joke! They serve flat soda because they cannot give you the can of soda, they open all the cans and let them sit in the sun then pour for the next person. If you ask for the can of soda, they make a big deal about it and say they have to open it. You cannot take it to your room. Why? I just don't get it! Entertainment-Casino is fun, but couldn't take the smoke & that smoke smell is everywhere on the ship. Clubs and comedy shows were ok. Went to the lip sync battle show which was fun. I didn't attend any of the major shows because I don't really care to do so. Shore excursion options were good, but book early, many sold out. Download the carnival hub app, best way to keep up with what is going on. They also offer $5 texting via the app, best deal on the ship! Definitely helps when keeping up with friends/family members. Ports/Excursions-We did the power snorkeling in Grand Turk, awesome time! Highly recommend!! Service-Overall was good, I have no major complaints. Our housekeeper was awesome and was very accommodating! Like, I said this was our 3rd Carnival cruise and will be our last. If you are considering carnival, get on a new ship, maybe it will be better!!

This ship needs to retire!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by LoFulton

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

Ship-Overall completely outdated smells of stale cigarette smoke everywhere.

LoFulton’s Full Rating Summary