Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review
1,207 Reviews

If you like crowds, action, noise, lights and the motion of the ocean...

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by klkw

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

I'm a seasoned world traveler and booked , first time on a cruise. I made my own reservations for port excursions. The port stops are wonderful, with much to see, but often not enough time before you have to return to the ship.

The Bliss is new, very beautiful, but packed with 4000 or so noisy people going every which way all the time.

Embarkation and disembarkation were faster and easier than I expected with so many people aboard; many families, elderly, people in wheelchairs, even with assistance dogs. Happy to see they are all made welcome and comfortable.

I liked my cozy single studio (99 compact sq feet) on deck 12, the ship's service in general (although some employees, like my groups' waitress in the Manhattan room every night seemed tired and was impatient), overwhelming choice of dining, entertainment (the musical plays Havana and Jersey Boys were outstanding) and the spa (I had an expensive massage)... but I grew weary of the crowds, confusion and noise, waiting at the elevators, then giving up and usually walking up and down the stairs. This fatigue added to my getting vertigo from the movement of the ship, which bordered on seasickness, which I've never had. I couldn't wait to get into each port and walk on solid ground, but the vertigo dizziness/balance issue didn't cease, even several days after the cruise ended.

I'm very glad my one and only cruise was on this magnificent ship and that I got to see some of Alaska. But I learned that I'm not a big-ship or motion-of-the-ocean fan and would not cruise again even if it was free.

klkw's Full Rating Summary

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1 12525

Very well-planned small space studio came with the privilege of using a spacious lounge with refreshments. Loved the continual outdoor camera view feed onto its own screen on the wall next to the comfortable bed. My cabin service person, Ryan, was a bright spot of cheer, smiles and enthusiasm every time I saw him.

Seattle

Enjoyed walking around, shopping and having a seafood meal.

Ketchikan

First duck boat ride and I loved the town and water humorous narrated tour.

Juneau

My Shore Excursions Group booking of the helicopter to glacier plus dogsledding tour was unfortunately canceled (and refunded) because of weather. I toured Juneau by myself and really enjoyed the port.

White Pass Scenic Railway

The old-time train ride up and tour bus ride down the mountain were both nicely and humorously narrated...a good way to learn about the gold rush days in person. But not much time left to walk around the town and had to RUN to the ship.

View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
Victoria

Loved Victoria, love Canada and Canadians... I walked the town by myself and visited the famous Empress Hotel, then the magnificent Miniature World Museum (85 miniature dioramas) nearby.

klkw