• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Viking Legend Review

Editor Rating

Spent 45 Minutes Cruising the Danube over 8 days! ABV (Anyone But Viking)

Review for Viking Legend to Europe
Pvsinger1
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

I am a repeat customer to Viking River Cruises. I will from now on highly recommend ABV (anyone but Viking) most of all due to the lack of customer service in spite of 5 notes to TellUs@Viking.com. We were given less than 24 hours of notice that low water would mean late embarkation onto boat. Not a problem as far as I was concerned before we set out. However, this was the beginning of a horrible and stressful experience (I can not call this a vacation). If you wish to see how poorly Viking treats their customers after they have paid up, please read my story below. It involves ZERO travel assistance in spite of paying extra for it, horrible accomodations, limited food choices, no working toilets, skipped ports of call, accomodations far from tourist areas with no shuttle service, no daylight river cruising on the ship, long hours spent in buses on autobahns, and finally, no contact from Viking representatives even after writing 5 emails.

My elderly uncle and mother paid Viking Travel to arrange their business class travel to and from a Viking Danube Waltz Cruise on Aug. 4, 2018. This was their last trip overseas, and due to their physical capabilities, specifically booked business class with Viking for that final special cruise.

My mom and uncle flew in from Denver and arrived in Munich 3 hours after I arrived In from Houston. When I arrived, I found out our connecting flight to Budapest was canceled. For the next 12 hours, I attempted to contact all of the travel and emergency numbers Viking gave us in the brochures to assist with getting us all to Budapest. U.S. phone numbers were only open at U.S. Pacific time... Viking cruises in EUROPE! My mom and uncle were automatically rebooked on a flight to Warsaw, Poland with a 40 MINUTE layover in Munich where they were supposed to get through passport control and then change terminals. All other flights were overbooked.

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin B

Last cabin on the ship, just in front of quiet library. We cruised for 6 hours in the middle of the night only, during which it was very noisy due to engine. If you do not like loud and vibrating engine noise, do not book this far back.

3 Helpful Votes