3. Sea Princess
We had done the 2017 World Cruise on the Pacific Princess (OUTSTANDING) and felt that we wanted to see Iceland and Greenland that were not included on the cruise. Signed up for this segment of the 2018 world cruise to capture those ports. I must say, that I was spoiled by the small ship cruise on the Pacific Princess. The Sea Princess was just too big for my taste. So many people on board that there was no feeling of community. Service was very good and food was excellent, but if you want to know your fellow passengers- you are out of luck. My other comment leaves me a bit conflicted. I hold stock in Carnival (the parent company) and was heartened to see that Princess was attempting to save money on various items. On the other hand as an Elite passenger, I enjoy my little "precs" for my loyalty. I fear that Princess may be "nickel and diming" the passengers to the point of harming loyalty. It seemed that many items that had been gratus in the past were now chargeable items. Gone was the free ice cream cone. Gone was the availability of a slice of pizza. Those may seem petty, but when the alternative is a $5 ice cream cone and a $15 pizza, one begins to think about their Elite status' value. This may all seem petty, but if one has spent several hundred days traveling with a certain cruise line and thousands of dollars- an ice cream cone is not too much to ask. Too many art auctions and boutique sales for comfort; I went on a cruise to relax- not be constantly bombarded with sales pitches. It soured me on the entire experience.

Enjoyed the cruise- but ship is a bit too big

Sea Princess Cruise Review by PocketBear

PocketBear’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sea Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW D 620
Cabin was small, but clean and well serviced. Quiet when I wanted to sleep and convenient to one end of the ship. It is a goodly walk to the other end of the ship and you must pass through all the art sales, boutiques and other money makers to get to the other end and the theatres and buffets.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins