3. Ruby Princess
We went on the Ruby Princess to Alaska. For my husband and I it cost over $5,000, when all was said and done. We got on, and the untipped staff was rude and seemed to be bothered we were even there. We went to their spa, and they would cut services short to upsell their products. I would rather have a full 75 minute massage, than hear about the lotions they used. Our Juneau port was great and we went whale watching. Our second port was Skagway. Due to weather, we couldn’t dock there, but were told we could dock in Haines, so shore excursions in Haines would open up. That was handled terribly, as it was a frenzie to get the excursion we wanted. We registered for excursions months in advance to avoid this. It didn’t matter anyways because we didn’t dock in Haines either. They told us they would have special events onboard to make up for it, the only event they have was a “surprise art auction”. The message from princess was clear, “We don’t care you’re disappointed, we do care we don’t get the shore excursion money, so here’s an art auction to ensure we get what we want.” My husband and I went to the shore excursion desk to speak with them because our shore excursion was mischarged to our credit card, it is a glitch on the side of Princess, we were later informed by my brother-in-law who works for Groupon. He told us he sees it all the time. The shore excursion employees only could say it was their policy, they were not helpful. The supervisor came and again couldn’t explain what happened so I asked for his manager and he wouldn’t go get him or her. They were ridiculous. Finally, we went to the guest services, and this super nice guy worked through it with us. Dinners were only OK, as were shows. My grandparents-in-law were with us, and this was their 62nd cruise and they said it was one of the most disappointing cruises they’ve ever done. We then ported at Ketchikan. There we met cruisers from other ships 3 out of 4 ships we were on the same schedule with docked in Skagway. That was especially disappointing. We then went to buy pictures, at the beginning of the week, we were told if we buy pictures in groups of 5 or 10, we would get a deal, so we had been setting pictures aside all week. When we went to buy them at the end, they told us certain pictures (such as group pictures) were excluded. We told them to take those out if we can’t get a deal on them, then they changed their song. I get that every company is designed to make money, the successful ones hide that, and make the guest feel important, Princess did not do that. The only reason I gave them 2 stars was the wait staff we had in formal dining was amazing! His name was Romel. We also loved the guy that made up our beds, he always seemed happy and friendly.

Unsatisfactory