3. Avalon Tapestry II
I had moderate expectations for this cruise, and I must say, they were all blown out of the water! We were allowed to board any time on our embarkation day. A fabulous lunch was ready for us while we waited for access to our cabins around 3:30. We stayed in a Panorama Suite and considering we are two females who like to have room to comfortably get ready, we were in good shape! As long as you're organized, the room is very accommodating and - THAT VIEW! We loved having a panoramic view of the gorgeous scenery. The ship is new (2015) and in excellent shape. STAFF - all were amazing! Captain Rudy was VERY present throughout our entire cruise, and even danced with some of us after dinner in the lounge! Cruise Director Jean-Loup was HILARIOUS and extremely knowledgable, we could go to him about anything! The servers, bartenders, housekeepers, desk staff etc were all also incredible. We felt so well taken care of. FOOD - very accommodating! I don't do much dairy or any meat/fish, and the Maitre D'/Head Chef were always sure to check in and offer me something custom-made. They even made me a vegan birthday cake for my birthday! They really do keep the wine flowing during dinner, too! EXCURSIONS - I recommend going on an excursion in every city! We LOVED Honfleur, Auvers Sur Oise, Versaille, Landing Beaches at Normandy (very emotional), Rouen... they were all FANTASTIC. GYM - small but nice to be able to get a little cardio or weight training in when we felt like we needed to work a little of the gluttony off!

An UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING EXPERIENCE! Mother-Daughter trip

sarahpatterson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tapestry II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin P 323
Gorgeous. Smart luggage storage under the bed, so as long as you know how to stay organized in a small environment, the room accommodated two women (with a lot of stuff!) very well.
Royal Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins