3. Costa Diadema
This has been my absolute worst trip ever (I have travelled to over 60 countries) and never experienced such a lousy service and environment in all my previous trips! -Paid over 1500 Euro for a inside cabin per person with unlimited drinks for this trip for me and my girlfriend. -I was lied to about price of drink from bartender and later, I AM NOT trusted by the receptionist. (Johnie Walker Gold label. Was told I was going to be charged the difference of what my drink package included vs listed price. but got charged full 15 Euro drink price) -The jacuzzi was too warm to enjoy. We only visited ONCE and never used it again. -The pool was impossible to use. Only children occupying it! -Children everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. It is not acceptable for example to see kids and teens in the nightclub at 1AM occupying the whole dance floor. There was no space on the entire boat other than inside our room, where I could enjoy quality time with my girlfriend in peace without kids shouting or bumping into us!!!! -We paid 30 euros each for a "luxury" dining experience at Teppanyaki. We got sat right next to 3 little children who could not sit still and made lots of noises. We were met by apologies from the Chief of Restaurant, but no discount or any other compensation was offered. I expect some level of service and environment when I pay 60 Euros on top of my all inclusive!!! -Childish servers and staff on the boat. I invite you to see this for yourself by going undercover. For example: Talking with them-self, laughing and when they look at me: Their face turns very serious like they are having a joke! I saw this in two different places on the boat by different staff. Maybe its humor from their side, very stupid one if that is ture, but that is not acceptable if you want to deliver good international customer service. They should meet clients with a smile at least! -Restaurant service: -Waiting 30 min. after sitdown for first drink even before ordering food. This happened on several occasions!! -Mix up of food and tables. For example, in one instance we waited for champagne 20 minutes. After waiting so long, I see our champange delivered to next table. I inmediately let know the waiter that it is probably mine. He said nothing and went away without aplogizing. We had to wait another 20 minutes for the champagne we ordered while waiting for our food and no other drinks at our table! I sent a email to higher mgmt. at Costa and Carnival cruises to ask for their opinion about my feedback, no response yet. (4 days ago).

Extremely disappointing experience onboard Diadema.

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by TheTraveller12

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Classic Inside

-The pool was impossible to use. Only children occupying it!

-Children everywhere. Absolutely everywhere.

-Restaurant service: