• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Scenic Jasper Review

Editor Rating

Didn’t enjoy it as much as we had hoped

Review for Scenic Jasper to Europe River
terrilynn4
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2017
Cabin:

Scenic Jasper Budapest to Amsterdam 2017 (Oct18 to Nov 1). Cabin 203 – Junior Suite

As I sit here early in the morning two days before the end of our cruise – and docked beside another river boat, I have no idea what the weather is like as it’s very dark in our cabin. If I want, I can look at the closed curtains of the cabin in the ship beside me, but I choose to watch the Bow Cam. Now, this has only happened about 3-4 times, but when it does, it’s pretty disappointing. A dark room without any kind of view.

Our cabin is wonderful. It’s a little tight compared with a Junior Suite on an ocean cruise ship, but it’s laid out well with room for all of our belongings (4 regular size suitcases and two carry-ons). Yes, we bring much too much luggage, but everything is put away and there is still room. As well, all of our luggage easily fits under the bed.

Cabin Junior Balcony Suite

The cabin was beautiful. Not as large as a Junior Suite on an ocean cruise ship, but well appointed. It had a nice size balcony. It is possible to open the inner door to the balcony, and the balcony is still enclosed unless you open the outer window. We kept the access to the balcony open the entire time.

Port Reviews

Vienna

We were sick and unable to leave the ship.

Amsterdam

Beautiful city. We wandered out for little bit’s when we were feeling OK. I would like to go back.

Budapest

Budapest was gorgeous. We just wandered around the city.

Nuremberg

We went to the Nuremberg museum/Nuremberg Trials. Well worth going.

2 Helpful Votes