3. Ruby Princess
This was our first cruise. My Aunt and Uncle asked us if we would go on an Alaskan Cruise with them, he is in a wheelchair and they did not want to go by themselves. I started researching and decided Holland America and Princess were the two most common lines that sail to Alaska. I read quite a few good reviews for Princess. My husband and myself along with my Aunt and Uncle booked our cruise on the Ruby in August, because it was the date that worked best for us. We had a wonderful time. We are in our early 40's and my Aunt and Uncle are in their 60's. On this sailing it seemed like most of the passengers were 60+. There were a few families with kids and teens. We were very glad that we decided not to bring our 16 year old and 12 year old, we feel they would have been very bored. It was too cold to swim and not many activities for them. We however, had a wonderful time! The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The ship was beautiful. The scenery was amazing! We watched whales, sea otters, and bald eagles right from the ship. The glaciers were breathtaking. I absolutely loved every minute. The food was good, but not the best I have ever had. I enjoyed all of the ports, but the time in Victoria was too short IMO. We dressed up for the 2 formal nights and enjoyed it. My husband wore a sport jacket and slacks and tie, I wore cocktail style dresses. This is how most were dressed some more fancy, some women in nice slacks, and men with no ties, but still appropriate. I did see them turn people away in shorts. I would recommend this cruise!

Enjoyable Cruise

KerriY’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C403
We booked an inside cabin mid ship on deck 10. It was larger than I expected for an interior. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were very nice also. We had plenty of room in the closet and shelves for all of are stuff, that I over packed!! I wish I would have brought a travel lighted makeup mirror, because the lighting was not very good. We brought an outlet strip, it came in very handy because there were not very many outlets. i would have loved a window or a balcony, but the interior was very nice, and I would definitely do it again.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins