3. Norwegian Epic
We chose this cruise because of the ports of call and the Epic seemed to have a lot of activities for kids. Our experience started with people frowning while we asked what our VIP Amenities entitled. Guest Services follows a script, and the script told us that we would receive chocolate covered strawberries and other little things. Nice try, but NCL had ordered strawberries for us weeks prior to sailing (I guess bc we had booked a mini-suite). Then they told me we would receive a letter explaining the VIP treatment. The letter never arrived. The strawberries were tiny, and lacked excitement, but that was OK. They granted us VIP status that we didn't ask for, so no big deal. HOWEVER, our shower had serious issues. It didn't drain properly. Three days into the trip, and to make a long story short, they had sent: (1) Housekeeping to look into the problem, (2) A plumber, and, (3) A carpenter. YES! a carpenter to fix the FLOOR. That's after we checked with Guest No-Services multiple times. See, mini-suites are not cheap, and after all, we were granted VIP status. The shower still doesn't drain properly (it got a little better), and then my sister, who was 2 doors down started having issues with her shower because it was overflowing. Not only did NCL not deliver the value expected, but their service and demeanor was terrible. The Housekeeping Manager came to our cabin and told my husband to stop complaining to Guest Services. Nice! As a side note, the pools are a disaster. A total nightmare and not worth it. Their Internet was terrible and a rip off! It took us back to 10 years ago (that's how slow it was). And I have many more stories, but I'm running out of space. Save yourself some money and headaches! Book somewhere else!

Over rated, over crowded, over priced

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by betrann

betrann’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M3
The cabin itself was OK, though my daughter didn't like her sofa bed. The shower was a disaster. I think because of the location on deck 8, we could hear and feel the engines and all equipment more than anyone else every time we reached a port. That was to our disadvantage.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins