3. Carnival Horizon
I love the layout and amenities of the new ship, Horizon, the indoor and outdoor spaces were great. My problem was with the food and staff. The free food was horrible. Very few options, low quality. If you don't pay for your food, you will not be happy. Very little or poor quality alcohol in drinks. The staff was mostly not helpful and did not take any extra steps for you. For example, I arrived early at the dining hall for breakfast. I was told they didn't open until 8:30. That was it. Staff could have told me where my other options were if I wanted to eat immediately and not wait. This is one of many such examples. There was only one show, the staff show. Carnival takes nickel and diming to new heights by charging $5 to use the on ship app. After paying for the cruise, I find this additional charge insulting, it should be a free courtesy. The bingo was on paper, no tablets??? New ships or not NCL and Royal have Carnival beat in every area. My only plus was my room in the beautiful Havana Cabana area. Very exclusive, the only thing that made the cruise bareable, seriously.

Beautiful Ship but Blah

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by MsTrae

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

MsTrae’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 5228
The best part of the cruise. The patio was twice the size of a regular balcony and was a refreshing change.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins