Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review

First time with Cunard, will not be the last!!

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by happyhappygirly

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Inside

We chose this cruise as we had cruised for 23 years solely with P&O and had felt we needed to try something else. We had latterly been disappointed with P&O following late cancellations of cruises and the sudden sale of the Adonia putting our plans into chaos.

We had already had good reports of Cunard from our friend, David who cruises constantly and also writes professional reviews of cruises and ships,

We arrived late at the ship because of a late start from our coach pick-up point and a combination of traffic and road accidents. So, we did not experience the welcome of the Cunard bell boys. We rushed through an empty embarkation and security process and arrived at our cabin just in time to attend the safety drill!! Not a good start but things improved steadily from there. We loved the ship and noticed many examples of higher standards than we had been accustomed to.

Our cabin was on Deck One and was a large inside cabin. Unfortunately, we were awakened on the first morning at 4.30 by a banging door. This happened several times and was obviously something to do with the running of the ship. We had this for several mornings, usually starting around 6.30 or 7 am. It was reported and we were assured that it would stop as the offending door was related to the galley and we were promised that it would be left open and therefore would bang no more. It did not stop and we were moved to Deck 4 and had no more problems. This must have happened to others before and I am certain, from their reactions, that staff knew about this of old.

Apart from this, we had a great time. I would just recommend that Deck One around the area of our first cabin, is avoided.

Do not hesitate to try Cunard, we were so delighted with the ship, the staff and the service that we have already made our second booking.

happyhappygirly's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Inside
Cabin GC 1068

This cabin, although larger than expected with much storage, was not for us. My husband wears a hearing aid and even he was awakened by the noise we experienced until we re-located to 4126.

Southampton

Southampton, to us, is just a place we need to visit in order to join the ship. Nothing special.

Rotterdam

I had not been here since my teenage years and my husband had not been at all. It is a lovely city and we thoroughly enjoyed our excursion which was a full day, with lunch.

Copenhagen

We have been here before. Another gem of a city. We walked around and had a lovely visit.

Stockholm

We have also been here before but it is a wonderful city with plenty to see.

Tallinn

A fairly easy place to visit on foot. plenty to see and a very quaint place.

this was the highlight of my cruise. I love jewellery and Carl Faberge was a master. I did not expect so much in the museum and was overwhelmed by the number of items on show. The eggs were magnificent and the fact that the repairs on the FULL SIZE Coronation coach were made using the miniature coach in the Coronation Egg as a template, staggered me. An excursion not to be missed but there is so much to see here in St Petersburg. We have been here three times now and still have things to do for another time.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Travemunde (Lubeck)

What a welcome we had here as the ship sailed in. A very nice port indeed with an opportunity to visit Hamburg if we come again.

Gothenburg

We took an excursion here to Gothenburg and the Haga. A good ride around the city and a walk into the old town. Not quite as good as I thought it would be but a gentle introduction to the area.

happyhappygirly