3. Scenic Gem
We just luv river cruising now 7th in a row.( see other reviews) and we are also scenic tragics..having said that I do hold them accountable for a superior offering. The scenic Gem and the crew we had was a superior offering ,food excellent ( though im a difficult person to please ..in a plain way) .Off boat excursions varied as we are used to with on & off board entertainment in line with what scenic does. Now: 1. Crew - just a group of can do people from Bagadan our dining room waiter to karlo bar person & Palen our bulter .They couldnt do enough , attended to my many and varied requests coped with my wierd food combos ( toasted ham & cheese with a choco milk shake..on a scenic fine food boat).We had great interaction and even when i wanted to served myself they cut me off .."at the pass" 2.Food- from made to oder breakfasts ..to my specifications to my special H & C lunch of other items from the cafe to fantastic dinners..again mix & matched to my specifications the food offering is always great.Just didnt indulge as much as I have in the past.Came home only 1kg heavier.They also have special regional lunches incorporating local specials each day. 3.Off boat excursions-a real varity which options each day ( though usually similar themes).I came specifically for the Anzac battle fields Villers Bretonneux & the Normandy beaches.VB comprises leg 3 of my Anzac pilgrimage ( Gallipoli & Kokoda PNG being first two)Unfortunately it rained but we did homage to those who went before.Scenic even have a guest poem that is read every cruise . This plus Chateaus , Monets garden a bike ride all completed the offering 4.On/off board entertainment- river ships struggle here and other than a poor WW1 lecture oldie rocker band (on/b) light quizz off/b clasical quartte round out this part which was quite good overall 5.Gym & wellness- the gym is ok for me small 3 machines does the job. What was interesting & different this cruise had a wellness/excercise coach ( doubling up i believe) which we had never experienced before.While only 5 /84 of us took advantage it is an area that scenic should develop . This is not a family crusie ..couples really only just a great 11 days of " wonder" Next......Scenic Eclipse april 2019..stay tuned.

You just couldnt fault it.....well....

Scenic Gem Cruise Review by MelbDemon

Now:

Next......Scenic Eclipse april 2019..stay tuned.
MelbDemon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Gem price drops

Mid range normal size ( 19sqm) scenic river ship cabin with all the normal amenities we have come to expect with scenic..mini bar, glass internal removable divide ( which really opens up the cabin) under bed storage and if u dont like the pillow just have it replaced and then again
What happened to the chocolate bar ....replaced by waffer ......not to my taste....