3. Norwegian Escape
I should have written this review when we got back, but for what it's worth, here I go. We love Norwegian and we love Bermuda! This was our 5th cruise on a NCL ship and our 5th cruise to Bermuda. The Escape is beautiful but for our liking, a bit too large. But we are glad we sailed on her. The crew, as always, was outstanding. Much to our surprise there were a few people on this ship that had been on the Dawn on our last cruise - most notably Ricardo, the wine sommelier, and Fabri, a waitress in the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar. Embarkation was surprisingly fast and easy. It was the best we had ever experienced. I was worried that it would be more chaotic as we were sailing out of New York, but we were very surprised.Our check in time was 11;30; we arrived around 11:00 and were moved right along. We were able to board the ship soon after we arrived at the terminal. Our cabin was not ready, which was to be expected, so we headed to O'Sheehan's for lunch. After lunch we started exploring the ship; our cabin was on the 9th deck - the last deck to be cleared. We made our way to our cabin - family mini-suite with balcony. There we 3 of us in the cabin and it was quite roomy. The layout was nice and easy to navigate. This was our first ever balcony cabin and I have to admit, I will never sail in less than a balcony. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony with my morning coffee as we sailed to Bermuda. Absolutely relaxing. Since it's been a few months since our cruise, I cannot remember many details. I did take some notes at the start of the cruise, but that kind of faded away. Our first night we booked reservations to see the magician Jonathan Tran at the Supper Club. The dinner was grilled salmon; Jonathan is a very good magician. After his show, we went to the theater to see the welcome show. Monday was our first full day at sea and that is when we had our meet and mingle. NCL provided us with space at the District Brew House. The M&M was one of the great highlights of the trip. I highly recommend getting involved in one. This was followed by a slot tournament and a cabin crawl. Great fun! the entertainment overall was really good. I highly recommend The Choir of Man - this show is in the supper club and well worth the nominal fee. We also saw After Midnight (I have to confess, this did not grab me like I expected) and we also saw Wine Lovers, the Musical (again in the Supper Club and well worth the fee). Food, as usual, was very good. We did have dinner at Cagney's one evening; it was good, but no better than any of our meals in the main dining rooms. Our one complaint, and really it's a complaint that most people have on most cruise ships, is the lack of seating at the pool areas. The Escape has an adults only section (Spice H20) that does not have a pool, and we couldn't find seats there or around the pool deck. One thing that we missed was a bar/lounge that was more easy listening (piano, solo guitar) (such as the Gatsby Lounge on the Dawn). And it was difficult if not near impossible to find a bartender who could make a chocolate martini! LOL Overall, we had a fantastic time. We did come to the realization that the Escape is bigger than we like. We did learn that NCL's next few ships are going to be a little smaller, which I think is good.

June 3, 2018 Escape to Bermuda

Mainelybubba’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M4
The cabin was a decent size for 3 adults. I loved that it had a coffee maker! The bathroom was spacious with a tub/shower combination (although we could have done without the tub). the closet was big enough to hold a week's worth of clothes for 3 people.

The sitting area/bed was comfortable. Our steward was good and attentive, but once the couch was made into a bed, that's the way it stayed.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins