3. Mariner of the Seas
I chose to cruise on Mariner of the Seas as a quick weekend getaway and since it was fresh out of dry dock I figured what better time to go, also I just earned my Diamond Plus status after completing a cruise on Symphony in April so I was excited to back on another cruise as a Diamond Plus member. This was my first time on a short cruise, normally we do 7 days. For those of you who don't Mariner just came out of a $120 million dollar dry dock where a number of things were redone and added. From arrival at the pier the shipped locked beautiful from the outside and the new public spaces were wonderful but the minute we got to our balcony cabin it was clear that the state rooms were untouched during this dry dock The staterooms looked dated and are in need of repair. The bathroom had a strong order coming from the toilet from the minute we entered the room, the shower had holes in the fiberglass that had been patched with epoxy. The balcony door should signs of rust on the frame and in the tracks, and because of this you had to exert so much force in order to open the door, on the plus side opening balcony door a few times caused me to exert so much energy I didn't feel bad for eating as much.. Some of the highlights of the ship for me were the Bamboo Room Juan and Julia know their tiki drinks. The new pool area and the sports deck were lots of fun and well thought out. Jamie's Italian was excellent, great service and excellent food. Johnny Rockets was also great! Some of the lows first and foremost was the loyalty ambassador. I went to see her because I did not receive any of my perks after achieving Diamond Plus and how someone so uncaring and rude is in charge of customer loyalty is beyond me. Another low was Chops Grille, Chops has always been a long time favorite for me on Royal but this time I left a little disappointed, the layout of it on Mariner feels very crowded and the tables are on top of each other. Also my 16 oz ribeye ended up being about 8 oz once I cut away all the fat, but the chocolate cake dessert was excellent. Overall my weekend getaway on Mariner was nice but it was the worst cruise to take after coming off Symphony in April, I loved every minute of Symphony but Mariner left me wanting more!

EXPECTED MORE...its no Symphony!

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by montoto1683

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

montoto1683’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6334
The cabins need a lot of work. The bathroom had an odor from the toilet and the shower has been repaired numerous times with epoxy. The curtains had stains on them that looked like they had been there since the ships inaugural in 2003. You needed a bodybuilder to open the balcony door because of the rust and the wood on the handrail of the balcony was so rough it could give you splinters. There were only two highlights to the cabin, our wonderful cabin attendant and the time we spent away from the cabin!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    I know a lot of people will disagree but I highly dislike Nassau in my opinion stay on the ship! The people are rude and nothing ever changes in the Downtown, not to mention waiting in line for 30 minutes for port security to check my ID which they didn't even really look at, I probably could have given someone else's ID and the wouldn't have noticed or cared. This time in Nassau I decided to go to Blue Lagoon Island since I was tired of the downtown and The Atlantis but this wasn't much better, We received two beach chairs and an umbrella for shade but the umbrella blew away after 20 minutes and when I went to complain they thought it was funny. From the minute we arrived at Blue Lagoon all they did was try and up sell, from Cabana's to a Dolphin experience and I am no animal lover but those dolphins looked depressed! Blue Lagoon just felt like one big tourist trap so it fits right in with the rest of Nassau.
    View All 5,877 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews