3. Carnival Pride
Did the Grand Turk-Half Moon Cay-Freeport itinerary. Here are some thoughts. Our third time sailing on Pride. GT was pleasant as always. A lot of seaweed piled high on the beach but otherwise great. We did the Gibbs Cay and Stingray encounter excursion which was really great. Gibbs Cay is around the other side of the island. Felt very remote and unspoiled...until three other boats showed up that is. Haha! We rented cabana 11 at HMC. Have had this one before and liked its location and the bit of shade from pine trees that row over the open deck. Loved the location last time but this time the music was way louder. Also had a jerk rent a clamshell by us who blasted —and I mean blasted— his own music, including some hardcore rap with very explicit lyrics. (Music I listen to sometimes myself too, but not stuff I’d blast on an idyllic beach with families all around me). He eventually turned it down but then the pirate bar cranked up their music. Don’t think we heard it so loud before at cabana 11, which we choose to be a little away from the partying. Still a nice day but I don’t want to be able to hear music when I’m submerged in the water snorkeling. Next time will try for cabana 15 to be as far as possible. Did not do an excursion in Freeport. Have done the luxury sail cruise in the past but decided to enjoy a less crowded Serenity deck. Did that for a while then checked out Señor Frog’s where there was a fun party atmosphere. Food was the usual in the MDR. David’s was excellent and I have become a huge fan of the spice-rubbed ribeye in Carnival’s steakhouses. Rivals anything I’ve had on land. Posted some pics of this in a separate album on this page. Had a Guy’s burger ok first day and felt miserable afterwards so didn’t go back all week. We tried Cheers! for the first time. Not sure we’d do it again. Felt compelled to drink to get the moneys worth out of it. Certainly was convenient and loved being able to get a latte at the coffee shop with it. And folks, tipping a dollar or two with your Cheers purchases will get you much better service, and the immediate attention of the bartender when the bars are jammed right before dinner. Alchemy bartenders were good particularly Nicolae who had a great sense of humor once he gets to know you a bit. Caribbean Manhattan was my go to choice. Great stuff. Ship was packed to capacity with 2,600 aboard. Lots of DC-MD-VA families on one last vacation before school starts. Was a bit crowded at lido buffet. Lots of chair hogging on deck. I complained about it on Serenity and the crew member promised to put it stickers but she never did. We sat behind a row of 10 chairs on Serenity on Saturday from 9-12. Eight of them had towels on them but no human ever set butt on the chairs. Martin at the atrium bar was awesome and remembered our names (again, tipping helps with service). Nicolae and Sanya at Alchemy also nice. Rev. Dr. E (Everson) was Cruise Director. I can see why people like him. He’s breathlessly energetic and everywhere at once. I was not a fan of the over-the-top energy, but again I see why people love him. Comedy shows were so-so. Vargus Mason did a short riff on Bill Cosby that left the room extremely uncomfortable then (playfully) yelled at people to laugh. It made for an awkward 30 minutes. Rest of the week’s lineup were standard past-their-prime comics but adequate for a cruise ship. Only saw one Playlist show as we’ve cruised enough we know all the acts by now. Skipped our usual FTTF for the first time. Chose 1-1:30 arrival but there was a delay in boarding due to technical problems. We arrived around 1 pm and were onboard around 2:15. Chose self assist debarkation and were off and in our car around 10:45 am.

Convenient Port, Good Ship Size, Cabins Need Some TLC

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by MaxTheHorse

Only saw one Playlist show as we’ve cruised enough we know all the acts by now.

MaxTheHorse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 7239
We stayed in a balcony room 7239. This cabin’s furniture was a bit more worn than others we’ve had. It has the old tube style TV. Good location by atrium/mid elevators. No atrium music noise inside. A bit of noise Saturday night as the crew collected luggage and used those mid ship elevators until about 1 am.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins