3. Scenic Amber
We chose Scenic because of newer ships—rooms bigger and ships lower. They had great reviews as a touring coach company. Our trip was delayed starting out because of storms. Missed our connection in Amsterdam but Delta and Scenic had us covered. We were rebooked on next flight and Scenic still had representative to meet us in Budapest. We even made the evening dinner cruise to see Budapest at night. The next day, Scenic picked up our luggage before we were taken to ship, which turned out to be the sister ship, Jasper. Our room was the same and it was quite comfortable, plenty of storage space and loved balcony sitting area with top of window coming down. Our cruise director was wonderful—he kept us informed, organized, and entertained us! The local entertainment was very enjoyable. The service was outstanding. When Scenic said all inclusive they meant it. No service charges, no drinks charges and no extra excursion charges. The food on board was excellent—especially the specialty meals. Our ports of call and guides at each were great. The voice devices were great! My husband does have very bad hearing and had trouble until we used his own iPhone ear plugs. My hearing aides worked fine with the devices. They even worked as we traveled the Danube. They would beep if there was an interesting place to describe. My husband and I traveled traveled alone, but met so many wonderful people on board. I would go on this trip again!

Amazing Service

Scenic Amber Cruise Review by hedpat

hedpat’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Amber price drops

Our cabin was very comfortable. Plenty of shelf and hanging space. I just had to get use to the sliding doors. The bathroom had a fantastic shower. Our balcony was small but comfortable with an automated sliding glass window.

• Charles Bridge
    Martin, our guide, took us on a walk through Old Town Square and Republic Square. The city had a lot of construction going on and was getting ready for celebration marking the end of communism. Many displays being put up marking the students revolt in 1968. We also walked to Charles Bridge and to area over bridge, where we had about to explore or eat on our own. We then walked over another bridge which took us to war memorials and then to Jewish Quarter, with narrative along way. Martin was very knowledgeable and shared his personal experience experience with all changes in Prague.
    View All 16 Charles Bridge Reviews
  • Prague Castle
    Radha arranged timing so that we could see changing of guards. We then walked through castle courtyards, into the old palace and then into Cathedral. In the old city around the palace, we were able to see examples of living conditions as that time. We ended tour by walking through the vineyard and having a glass wine. Lots of walking but great ending!
    View All 23 Prague Castle Reviews
  • Regensburg
    Traveled by coach to Old walled city. It is beautifully maintained. We stopped to have sausage and sauerkraut at the old Sausage Restaurant—excellent!
    View All 497 Regensburg Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Regensburg Cruise Port Review
  • Vienna
    Our guide talked about city as we traveled to Palace and guide in Palace was very knowledgeable. On free time, We did a carriage ride around gardens—disappointing as we rode on lane outside of wall.
    View All 282 Vienna Cruise Port Reviews