3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we needed a boat that went out of the NY NJ area so we wouldn't have to fly to another destination. We were a group of 7: Myself, my husband, my two sons ages 3 and 6 and my inlaws. Embarkation went smoothly because we did everything online before we left, including the pictures for our seapass card. We went directly to the buffet, we were in our rooms by 1:00pm. We sat outside to set sail. Overall the crew was great. We didn't hit it off with any particular waiters which have in the past. Cons: for such a big ship the gift shop was tiny and didn't have any t-shirts for the kids except ones with Shrek. The main promenade where all the shops were was so crowded because they had tables set up in the middle with more merchandise so it left very narrow spaces to walk through especially with a stroller. There was nothing special for the kids outside of the kids club which my older son didn't want to attend and my younger one couldn't. There was no little playground or kids water park, etc. The library didn't have any board games, kids games or anything of the sort. The books I saw in the library were all in foreign languages. And the library was set above Theather two70 where they hold rehearsals during the day and shows at night. How is that quiet? There were 3 main pools. All of them were 5 feet and above. I am not tall nor am I good swimmer so I couldn't even go in the pool with son because I couldn't touch the bottom. One night at dinner my son was served a fruit cup with a moldy raspberry. We sent it back and the next cup came with the same thing. The buffet closed at 9 and did not open for late snacks Cafe Promenade which was open 24 hours had the same exact thing every day. Royal Caribbean boasts that their adventure activities are for everyone but the Ifly, escape room and North Star were all booked. We only got in on the last day to I Fly due to a cancellation. The shows were all during dinner at 6:00 or 6:30 Drinks cost $12.00 apiece Pros: There were lifeguards at all the pools. The ship seemed pretty clean Crew was nice We always found a seat in the buffet even for 7 Pools didn't seem too crowded.

Not Completely Impressed

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by hfeffmom

Cons:

The buffet closed at 9 and did not open for late snacks

Cafe Promenade which was open 24 hours had the same exact thing every day.

The shows were all during dinner at 6:00 or 6:30

Drinks cost $12.00 apiece

Pros:

There were lifeguards at all the pools.

The ship seemed pretty clean

Crew was nice

We always found a seat in the buffet even for 7

Pools didn't seem too crowded.
hfeffmom’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 1N 9110
The best part about this cruise was our cabin. We were in a corner room all the way at the front of the ship. Because it was a corner room it had more space near the window. Our wall was actually the slant at the front of the boat. There was a lot of room for the kids to sprawl out and play. The only negative was that the curtain on the window was broken and we couldn't completely shut out the sun especially in the morning.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins