Azamara Quest Cruise Review by hennesseystealth
- Sail Date: August 2018
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Club Deluxe Veranda Stateroom
The best part about Azamara is the smaller ship. Getting closer to the ports is nice and everything onboard is a short walk. Also, no crowds or lines to get into restaurants etc. The bad news about the small ship is the shower is way too small.
The below may be an issue with the crew on the Quest as I can't believe a premium line would survive long if our experience was normal.
1) Half our onboard credit was missing, but the problem was really the attitude of Guest Relations. Regarding the OBC, they said it wasn't their problem and would have to be solved by "headquarters." That isn't the type of issue ownership that we see on Celebrity. Also, got wrong information on multiple occasions from Guest Relations that caused us to miss events. They also forgot to give us the requested wake up call on the last day and if I hadn't looked over at the clock, we would have been in trouble.
2) We typically have room service for breakfast as it serves as a wake up call and gives us more time to get ready for the day. 3 of the 7 days we had room service the order was wrong (e.g., hot water instead of coffee, no cream for coffee, no milk for cereal...).
3) Room attendant was below par. One day we left at noon and came back around 6pm and our room hadn't been made up even though we left the "make up room" magnet on the outside of the door. Needed new towels one evening to get ready for dinner and was told they were on break and would be 30 minutes before they could get us new towels. The towels showed up damp, so more likely they hadn't run a load of laundry and gave us towels that hadn't finished in the drier.
4) Dining room wait staff, other than 2, seemed like trainees. Slow service, cold food, missing items. The menu was varied but seemed to just be a rotation of items with different preparations (e.g., several nights of lamb and seabream).
As I said in the title, I expected a big jump up from what we experience on Celebrity but didn't get it. At 2-3x the price, we'll be back to Celebrity the next time.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
CorfuInteresting walk to the top of the Old Fortress but left little time to do anything else.View All 592 Corfu Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Corfu Cruise Port Review
DubrovnikJust too crowded and a lot smaller than you think.View All 1,079 Dubrovnik Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Dubrovnik Cruise Port Review
KoperNice to get to some other areas with more to see. Koper is small and not much there. Try to get to see Piran.View All 10,016 Koper Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Koper Cruise Port Review
Montenegro HighlightsIf you get car sick, don't take the switch backs up to the top of the mountain. Our second choice for people and views next to Koper.View All 67 Montenegro Highlights Reviews
RavelloVery nice view from the top of the hill. The villa was beautiful.View All 7 Ravello Reviews
Rome (Civitavecchia)The port is a dumpView All 1,985 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review
Mount EtnaNothing is very close to the port, so your choice of seeing Mt. Etna or a 30 minutes bus ride to Taormina.View All 71 Mount Etna Reviews
VeniceBoy can you get lost walking around Venice...even with a map. Definitely having an overnight in Venice was a good idea.View All 1,319 Venice Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Venice Cruise Port Review