3. Celebrity Infinity
We have never been on a cruise before, and it wasn't necessarily our desired vacation, but we wanted to see Alaska, and we live close enough to Vancouver to avoid the costs of flights. We are now converts after such an amazing experience with Celebrity. I had been reading reviews of this ship, and reading comments such as 'the ship is dated'. Let me tell you, if anyone can say one negative about this ship, the customer service, the food, the facilities, or anything, then they are just miserable bags who likely are not happy in anything in life. Granted I have never been on another cruise before, but this is 5 Star across the board. The dining options are plentiful and exceptional. Just eating at the buffet is satisfying enough, variety from around the world, so much choice, and daily chef specials. The entertainment is non stop, several options every hour of he day. This strikes me as a serious party ship which met our satisfaction. The ship was probably 40% families with children, so not the stereotype of all seniors that everyone told me to expect. There was a teens club (one negative, we didn't see our son half the trip because he loved the teens club so much and met so many friends), fabulous kids club. So, for those with families, this cruise in the summer should be appealing. Shawna the cruise director, is top notch, she has a bright future. What a talented young woman, witty, confident, personable, amazing qualities that will propel her to big things ahead. The dress was casual, during the day it seemed anything goes, and the evening you saw everything from a golf shirt to suit and tie. So for those worried about rolling in ball gowns and tuxes, don't sweat that. Mind you people who dressed up looked so fantastic. I tried to understand how much motion you feel on the ship, and rarely read a review that mentioned this, and most people I spoke to said you would never even know you are on water. Trust me, they are liars. I have been off the ship for 30 hours now and still feel like I am on it. One night I was awoken to major movement that the captain acknowledged in the morning announcement, which he said are rare 11 foot swells. However there are times that I felt like I couldn't walk straight. My 13 year old was also struggling with it, but it settles down for the majority of the time. But there is no doubt you feel it at times. Perhaps others didn't feel it? I didn't pack correctly for summer in Alaska, again an area I felt like I didn't get useful information prior. I would suggest you need 4 seasons worth of clothes. Definitely cold, wet and windy at Hubbard Glacier, to swimsuits and sunscreen and pool days on 2 days. I am from cold, wet Canada so for those coming from warm climates, something to be mindful of. Hoodies for the day, warmer jacket, and t-shirts are also needed for the poo, deck, the gym. Rooms are a little cramped for a family of 4. But it is a cruise ship and that was to be expected, so we spent very little time in the room. So much food variety, everyone should be happy, exceptional entertainment, and fun throughout the day. Customer service is exceptional, you can get a drink pretty much any ware. Apple Store on board that did training such as 'how to get the most out of your IPhone camera. Except they charge for all of their training. A trillion dollar company knows how to create enemies. So needless to say I didn't attend their offerings. The gym is as good as you can expect, the treadmills are the best quality I have used. Classes through the day. They could perhaps have a basketball available for the basketball court. Just sayin. The smoking sections could have had better forethought, next to the family pool and beside the running track. Hello, who thought of that?? They have a casino, gym, outdoor movie theatre, cafe x2, beatiful theatre for entertainment, several dining restaurants (mostly for additional cost), shops, duty free, many bars mostly with different themes, adult pool with spa, family pools, kids and teen clubs, library, so many outdoor options. Shore excursions were mostly outrageous in cost, no exaggeration. It appears that very few did them because of the cost. Perhaps promoting more affordable options would be a consideration. Alaska is beautiful, Milos was amazing source of expertise on the area and a comedian to boot. Do your research on the ports of call to check out this beautiful part of the world. Our family night recommends this cruise on the Celebrity Infinity.

Simply Amazing

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Hugh Jazz

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 4

Our family night recommends this cruise on the Celebrity Infinity.
Hugh Jazz’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Ocean View 4
Cabin 04 2094
Exceptional service. Cramped for 4, but excellent storage, great toiletries, large window, with a tv.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins