3. Norwegian Dawn
I wanted something nice but not too far from home as this was our first time cruising alone, my 14 year old daughter and myself. We live an hour away from Boston so this was a no brainer. We have been on many other cruises but we always had other family members along. Royal, Disney and other Norwegian to name a few. We love the cruising concept. All in all the cruise was wonderful. The ship is an older ship so it was showing some wear. The weather for the most part was perfect. We had 2 days of rain/clouds but luckily on sea days. Bermuda has so much to offer. Something for everyone. Staff were very nice. The down sides for me were, on the rainy days, the ship did not have much to offer. We watched movies in our room. 3 days in Bermuda is not enough. They could make it 4 and have the ride home be quicker taking a day and half like the ride there. The pool is so small that sea days, 2300 people trying to find relief on deck or in the pool is almost impossible. I am lactose intolerant so eating was a big problem. I did inform my travel agent who in turn did let the ship know when I booked. But I still had to explain it every meal to every staff. Then the food that wasn't cooked in butter or a cream was so minimal I found myself frustrated most days. And one day even after explaining it to my waitress she still delivered to me a potato with butter and sour cream. And the food I had that meal must of had dairy for I did get sick that night. Cooking for such a large amount of people I am sure is difficult. But dairy allergies are very common. I would have thought they would have made a better selection of foods to choose from or just ways to not add the dairy to mine. The last disappointment was the night activities. We could go to shows but after that the dancing became 18 and older. Only one night had dancing near the pool that we could join. My daughter and I wanted to dance and have fun. But being 14 she couldn't go to the place they had it. I know they are concerned about kids drinking, but like us there are families that want to stay up late, be together and just dance. All in all we loved the cruise. We recommend it to all and will do it again soon. But if the cruise line could consider a better way to handle, food allergies- maybe a bracelet to be worn to alert staff to issues and have more foods easily prepared w/o dairy, maybe adding more family nights to allow families of all ages to dance the night away and to spend less time at sea and more on the island then the cruise would have been perfect. For us at least.

First Time Bermuda Crusie

RachelB67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 9182
Nice, clean comfortable. Suited us just fine.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins