3. Pacific Eden
Just back from our first P&O cruise and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Having cruised many times on other lines we were aprehensive about P&O as they don't have the best reputation. I don't usually write reviews but after reading the last two reviews I just had to write a reply. The last two reviews i noticed were written by 1 time reviewers who have just joined C.C. this year and were on the same cruise as my wife and I. Firstly the food in the pantry while not gourmet, it was certainly edible. The last reviewer lost weight proberbly because they serve you food and you can't pile up your plate as you can at buffets on other lines. We ate in Dragon lady, Angelos and the Waterfront and all were very good. The music and the musos in all the bars were very good. We went from bar to bar every night and never struck a bad show. We go and see bands and singers every week at home and these entertainers on board were fun and all very talented. I will go as far as to say that a few of the acts in the bars were better than some of the main acts we have seen on other lines. We went to see the Tom Jones tribute act and while not being a fan he was o.k but as i said we are not fans so it was not really to our liking. I don't know how old the reviewer who said the music was too loud is, but my wife and i sat as close to the bands as we could and never were we unable to talk to each other (we are in our early 60's). Yes shore excursions are expensive but they are with any cruiseline you travel with, you either do them or you don't, it's up to you. The ship is older but it is very well maintained and stylish in it's overall appearance. Loved the size and intamancy of the many public bars and areas, especially the blue room. This cruise certainly changed my opinion of P&O and we will concider them in the future if we see an itinerary we like. Daz.

Much better than expected

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by dazadelaide

Firstly the food in the pantry while not gourmet, it was certainly edible.

We ate in Dragon lady, Angelos and the Waterfront and all were very good.

Daz.