3. Star Princess
A friend recommended Princess because they can go into Glacier Bay . We flew in the day before into Anchorage to avoid any travel blitzes since we flying in from NY. We booked airfare through Princess. United from NY went through Houston, it was a nightmare. Both United and the 7 hr trip from Houston. Flight home from Vancouver on Delta was direct and Delta knows how to treat weary travelers. Took the train from Anchourage, great ride and picturesque. Princess took our bags there. That was convenient but I had to make several calls to find out about this service. It was not forthcoming from Princess. Took excursion in Whittier to the glaciers. Booked through Major Marine , wonderful experience. Checked into ship at 5pm. Long line but they were efficient to get us through. We had no clue what to expect, given our room number and sent off into the ship. When we finally found our room, an interior room, deck 11, our luggage was there, room was actually roomier than I thought it would be. Bed very comfortable, our room attendant greeted us warmly, answered the many questions we had. He was our highlight. We dined in several of the restaurants and buffet food was always fresh, ample and tasty with different choices every night. Really didn't get involved with activities except we did go to the shows. Theatre was dated and too small but the shows were enjoyable. The comedian John Beamer and singer Tea Cakes were especially good. The service both food and beverage were attentive and courteous. Did not enjoy the repeated sales offers, Especially at newcomers meeting. We needed info not a sales pitch. Booker excursions in the ports through Princess, all as they were described no disappointments. Stayed with Princess since it was out first cruise we wanted the security of getting back on time. The excursions at the beginning and end we booked independently, I thought these were better offers elsewhere especially with late transport to airport Overall it was a positive experience for us, my only comment is that phone customer service before the cruise gave conflicting information. I never really understood how Princess would help us at the beginning and end to get to boat or to airport. My gloves were stolen in laundramat which was unsettling. I would try Princess again but may use a more hands on travel agent and be more proactive with Princess.

Our First Cruise

DebRonLin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin ID B736
Adequate, clean, very comfortable bed. Close to elevator and laundramat
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins