• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Swid
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

I chose this as my first river cruise experience because of the dates, duration, itinerary and subject matter. This cruise highlighted the lives and work of various artists as well as the history of Normandy. Prior to embarking, I spent 2 weeks enjoying much of the highlights of Paris and wanted to explore more of the countryside of France.

I don't care for ocean cruises because the crowds of people and the on-board entertainment and amenities are not for me. This river cruise, however, was delightful. I was able to find quiet, relaxing time and spaces, and I met very interesting people. The nightly entertainment was always enjoyable. Dining was always good with serving hours available for all schedules and the choices varied enough for all tastes.

Embarkation was easy, I was greeted warmly and offered food and drink until my cabin was ready earlier than expected. The cruise director was fun, competent, efficient, helpful, accommodating and available. The rest of the crew and the captain were all helpful, cheerful and able. Disembarkation was also a breeze. The Cruise Director made sure every one had transportation to their various destinations and accommodated our late leaving time.

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin A

Roomy and comfortable with a small sofa, a table and chair by the window. The large windows opened so you didn't miss having an outside balcony.

Port Reviews

Paris

It was a very hot day, so we left the tour group to sit in a cafe.

10 Helpful Vote