3. Mein Schiff
It was my first cruise ever. I joined (as a single female) two relatives for whom it was a life time event. Destination was Norway which - despite hesitations - convinced me to pay the exorbitant price for a single cabin. I usually travel on my own and in the past I have always connected to my fellow tour members - male or female. Not so on this cruise - the advertisements for this cruise show attractive, middle aged people smiling and having a good time - none such person was in sight on this cruise. It was a ship full of old and unsmiling people. Don't get me wrong - I am that agegroup myself but there is a difference in being old and acting old. Wanting to see bits of Norway - I had booked myself on a tour every day we were in port and the tours were great but already on my first tour I sadly realised that only the guides had an iota of personality. In all my time of travel I have never experienced anything like that. I am not sure if it is a German trait (mind you I am German myself but perhaps I have lived abroad too long) or if it is just a "cruising mentality" but it has put me off cruises for good. Some good things: - The cruise personnel was excellent - waiters, actors, reception, general - My single cabin was superb - spacious and clean - Tours were great - my favourite two were "Walk with Huskys" and "Quadbiking" - Specialty restaurants were a great plus, especially with the Gourmet package on offer Would I recommend it - generally no but perhaps I am not their target market.

Not what it makes out to be ... or maybe it's me

Mein Schiff Cruise Review by RosieOrr

Some good things:

- The cruise personnel was excellent - waiters, actors, reception, general

- My single cabin was superb - spacious and clean

- Tours were great - my favourite two were "Walk with Huskys" and "Quadbiking"

Would I recommend it - generally no but perhaps I am not their target market.
RosieOrr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Tui Cruises Mein Schiff price drops

For a single occupant like myself it was great. It felt spacious with plenty of room to put items. The ship being relatively new the interior was fresh and undamaged. The colour scheme pleasant. Plenty of fluffy white towels in the bathroom. Loved it.