3. Avalon Impression
I have been on several ocean cruises but this was my first river cruise. My travel agent suggested the Avalon cruise to me as a great way to see a part of Europe. I have seen Europe before and recently spent time in Germany but this cruise gave me a whole new perspective of travel and seeing the sights. Land tours take you to the big cities and towns but river cruising gives you the opportunity to see the small villages and how people really live. The ship is truly a floating hotel with all the amenities. There are a wide variety of shore excursion options to choose from including fully guided tours, orientation tours with time to sight see on your own to just grabbing a bike (with helmet) and taking off on your own (maps provided). There were a variety of lectures and nightly entertainment by local artists from the villages we visited. It was interesting to see them get on and off the ship at the locks we went through; 68 locks in all! The food was amazing! It was locally sourced and the lunch and dinner menus featured local dishes of the towns we were visiting that day. All the staff were so gracious and personable and it was fun getting to know them. I can't wait to book another river cruise on Avalon; especially if it is as great a trip as this one was!

Wonderful way to see Europe!

Avalon Impression Cruise Review by opwillis

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

opwillis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Impression price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin B 232
Cabin size can be tight with 2 people but it is only for a short time. You are warned, if you open the french door, you will get bugs in the room and if you do, the staff know how to get rid of them fast.
Sapphire Deck Suite Cabins