Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review
1,922 Reviews

Best celebrity cruise yet!

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Wherenextcruiser

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

We are elite Celebrity cruisers so have experienced a few ships and itineraries. However, this was the best one so far. The ship was beautifully appointed all round. We loved the art work around the ship. Only wish I had my reading glasses with me so I could have read the descriptions of them. Our favourite place to be was late at night in the library sitting in the big chairs with a glass of port in hand watching people go up and down the spectacular glass elevators. Lots of smiles and waves.

We were in aqua class - first time for us. Last year we were in a suite so experienced Michael's club and Luninae. I have to say that we really missed them both this time. We kept sending yearning glances to the private entrance of Michael's club. In any case, we enjoyed Blu although it was always very crowded. We choose to eat very late - almost 9 pm in order to miss the crowd. However, that meant we were always in the back forty - nowhere near the windows. The menu was good and you could get anything from the main dining room menu if there was something that you really loved. For us it is the escargot. The other bonus with acquaclass is the Persian garden. however, we never did manage to get there. Kind of forgot about it, I think. The relaxation room at the end of the aqua class rooms was very nice until there were too many people waiting for spa appointments and then it was annoying because they were constantly calling for people.

The ports were perfect for us as we had never been to Ireland or Scotland. The tendering into Edinburgh was NOT fun. We had to wait 1.5 hours to get on a tender thus wasting half a day. What a shame they cannot dock in such a beautiful city.

The entertainment was second to none. We had pretty much stopped going to shows on cruise ships - finding them somewhat cheesy. Every show and entertainer was top drawer. As well were the entertainers in the bars and lounges. Always something to watch or do. we really loved the couple who sang - can't recall their name but they played the right kind of music and are very talented. Tried to get to most of their shows.

My faith in Celebrity has been renewed. We had moved away to Regent recently which is in a class all of its own. However, so is the price. We believe that we got excellent value from Celebrity. Next we are on the Edge and are very excited to see what Celebrity has done.

Wherenextcruiser's Full Rating Summary