3. Viking Osfrid
Poor expensive cruise on the Duoro River, Portugal 1. Food of poor quality -first night I had grilled prawns which were focally raw in the cehter. I think they grill without thoroughly defrosted the prawns. -last night, it was chateaubriand. It was sliced, and seemed to be microwaved! No taste and tough. -at lunch, canned sardines were served! -cake/custard dessert was partly frozen in the center, crunchy with ice crystals. -lots of cheap wine (3/4 euros a bottle). Make you drunk so you can forget the bad food. -we were served cheap white port mixed w tonic water and ice. The last day we were served 10 year old late vintage port, not real vintage port, although they opened a bottle of vintage port. However they did not served that to us, but to the maitre D and other staff only! We thought that being on the wine region, we would be having meals in the vineyards, but we had only eaten in the vineyard once. It was the only decent meal. 2. Servers were inexperienced -I was drenched in orange juice by the server once, and sprinkled in beer a second time. The ship even had the nerve to bill me for laundry of my soiled clothing. Adding insult to injury! -On the whole, they crew try to be helpful, except one bar tender, Marcio, who has a racist attitude. There were only a handful of non-whites on board. Initially I kept this to myself. Later independently, another non-white mentioned the same thing to me! 3. facilities The "swimming pool" is only a one foot deep kiddie pool. I was the only one who tried to swim before realizing the actual depth. Nobody else used it. Might as well eliminate this useless decoration! No fitness facilities. 4. Don't use their air service. They will put you on the cheapest way possible, except if you want to get more miles. E.g. flying back from Porto to LA, they fly you first to Frankfurt, then Vancouver, then LA!

Don't waste your money on Viking Duoro River Cruise, Portugal

Viking Osfrid Cruise Review by gsyuuu11

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom
Poor expensive cruise on the Duoro River, Portugal

1. Food of poor quality

-at lunch, canned sardines were served!

2. Servers were inexperienced

3. facilities

No fitness facilities.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate the time you took to provide a detailed review of your recent voyage aboard Viking Osfrid, gsyuuu11. It is disappointing to learn that you found our culinary offerings, as well as the onboard activities, below expectations. Rest assured that all of your post-cruise commentary, including the unusual experience of our bar staff , has been recorded for review by management. Even still, should you like to share additional comments about your recent holiday, we would welcome a discussion at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We hope to hear from you, and wish you a restful day.
gsyuuu11’s Full Rating Summary