3. Royal Princess
Several parts of this trip were absolutely perfect - others, not so much. We booked this trip for the itinerary - 100%! We wanted to take our children around the British isle ... only having to unpack once - etc. For Families - we've been on several Disney and RCI cruises, which cater to children. (Ours are 10 & 8 at time of traveling). The kids clubs are fine - but they were never open for more than 4/5 hours at a time - in port or sea. Example - the only port that our children stayed on the ship was in Dublin. We wanted to take a tour of the Jameson Factory and Guinness. Having only 4 hours because of kids club time - we didn't have enough time. (unlike the other cruises we've been on - with ports that aren't really "kid friendly") On the opposite side - because it isn't a cruise that really caters to children, the pool was never packed and we never felt overcrowded (like the Disney cruises). The food was a disappointment - we had any time dining. So when we went into one of the dining rooms, our meal took 3 - 4 hours due to the lack of staff. (I've never experienced that before on any cruise). In the buffet area, they were constantly running out of cups for coffee or the self-service iced tea. Not over packed - but still was disappointing since I had heard that princess was amazing! I would call it applebees quality. The ship and entertainment - honestly, I can't really say anything about it. It was fine. I wouldn't call it impressive .... so if you're booking for the hoopla of a cruise ship or incredible entertainment, I would look elsewhere. If you're booking for the ports -- enjoy that part! The great thing about this ship - when we sailed it was sold out. Very rarely did we feel crowded or had to escape from people (like we have on both RCI and Disney) I'm also less than impressed with their customer service. As long as you don't have any problems.... it is probably great. But if you have any problem, assume that they will finger point and tell you what they need to.... without actually fixing or helping. (They did things like charge our credit card twice and blamed our bank, etc) With all of these complaints - we had an AMAZING vacation. Our trip wasn't amazing because of the staff, the ship, the food, or any of that. It was because of the ports! I would have loved to stay in each port longer.... but still loved the taste of each of them.

Good. . . Not Great ONLY Book for the itinerary

Royal Princess Cruise Review by LollieSh

Several parts of this trip were absolutely perfect - others, not so much.

LollieSh’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin DW E523
Cabin -- painful! We had what they called a partially obstructed view. It was actually completely obstructed. . . . unless you angle you're head when you're on the balcony.

Bunkbeds came down -- and no way you were getting outside on the balcony. Other than that - it was fine.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins