3. Majesty of the Seas
My family has been consistently traveling with Carnival Cruise Lines since it was always more affordable traveling with 4 boys. We decided to take advantage of the Royal Caribbean Cruise (RC) to Havana, Cuba. Although a little more expensive than our previous cruise adventures we quickly began to realize the advantages that RC provided. The first thing we always always do is head to the buffett and inspect the layout with our eyes and our mouths. We immediately realized the choices and the more importantly the quality of the food already surpassed that of other cruise lines we have been on (Not just Carnival). I can’t begin to describe the crew members at the Windjammer Cafe. I was completely impressed with the happy faces and professionalism from everyone. If you walked in with a confused look on your face on what to do someone would approach you and walk you through the buffet selection. There were definitely more selection of various foods to choose from. I actually sampled small portions of each station and did not duplicate once over the 4 days I travelled. The crew members were very friendly and always ready to help or provide assistance with anything we needed. Other details we appreciated was the spacious, bright dining area, buffet and poolside areas. Overall we were pleased with the Majesty of the Seas for being one of the older ships in RC fleet. My wife and I had accidentally wondered into the Viking Crown Lounge (Deck 14) when we first boarded and one of the passengers made it clear we were in the wrong area. Vernon came out of no where and greeted us and made us feel welcome. Vernon was the coordinator for the Viking Crown Lounge and explained the amenities and how we could benefit from accumulated cruise credits and the perks that come with them (Similar to Carnival Cruise credit rewards). Because of Vernon turning around an almost bitter situation, when we came across the “Book your next Cruise” center, we went on to take advantage of booking our Alaska 7 day cruise for next May. Our cabin was smaller than anticipated and did not have adequate space for our luggage. We had to open our luggage on the floor and live out of that. Carnival has a laundry room that provides irons but there was no such amenity on the Majesty. I had to pay for my shirts top be pressed. (Not a big deal). Our room steward was very friendly and made sure to keep our room clean and fresh. Whatever we needed he was very accommodating and made sure we didn’t haven any issues. If you can I highly recommend staying away from Deck 2 forward cabins (We were in cabin 2615) if you are an early to bed person. We were a couple decks below the main atrium floor (Centrum). Around 9pm there was extremely loud stomping and noise above us as happy passengers were learning to line dance or learning the basic latin dance steps. This kept us up for a couple hours. Instead of complaining we decided to go up and join in the fun, which we definitely did not regret. Of all the bars we frequented our favorite was Boleros because most of the time it was quiet and relaxing and gave us the opportunity to get more acquainted with Jack and Phillip. Both bar tenders worked as a team and made our drinks on point. It was great because we knew we could always head to Boleros to get away from all the excitement and activities for nice quiet time to relax and have one on one conversations. My wife got her hair braided for $5 at the onboard spa, which according to her was unheard of because she expected to pay 5 times that amount. She was very pleased with this. So much so that I decided to get the traditional manicure (A first for me). That came out to $34 but my wife thought that was a bit pricy. Overall we did enjoy these services from the Spa staff. Our dining experience was absolutely incredible. Table 460 - Selvino and Huijuan Wei (Angela) were magnificent. They went into detail describing the menu items and actually provided the best meals to pair with the wines we brought onboard. Paying attention to detail and taking a dining experience to the next level was demonstrated when Selvino recommended the Tiger Shrimp dinner then went on to explain the reason the shrimp is not de shelled was in order to infuse the flavors from the bitter sauce. Selvino completely surprised me when he came back and with knife and fork de shelled each and every shrimp for me. THAT went above and beyond his pay grade and spoke volumes to his experience. Huijuan stood by our table and made sure nobody’s glass was empty and efficiently removed our plates without disturbing us. Chorus Line The entertainment was so great with the singers and dancers belting out songs from the 70s and 80s brining back memories of songs and times remembered way back when. Finally, the comedian AJ was the high light of the evening. We could not stop laughing as he started his jokes engaging the audience and throwing not only himself under the bus but graciously included his beautiful wife in his dialogue which was great clean amusement. We first got a taste of his PG rated session where he brought old and young guests on stage and playfully had them dancing and gyrating to everyone’s amusement. His adult rated show we thought would be full of vulgar, rude language or passenger bashing attacks but AJ came out shining like a super star with his slap stick, impromptu comedy. He was able to make use all laugh without bringing politics insults or any kind of profiling to make the audience give him a standing ovation. My wife and I were so excited to learn we were on the same deck as AJ and although I did not want to bother approaching him and getting into his space I had to tell him how genuine he was. He was very approachable and we actually struck up a conversation which I did not expect. Majesty of the Seas, I have to say overall on a scale from 1-10, we give you 10+ because of the small details I mentioned above. We are now converts to RC and are now looking forward to quickly racking up our points so we can go back to the Viking Crown Lounge and actually greet new members to RC with welcoming arms and tell them all the benefits there are to experience on Royal Caribbean Cruise.

Unexpected cruising experience on a classic ship.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by deansgmiller

Interior
Cabin 2V 2615
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Havana
    For as long as we have been cruising we have always booked independent excursions as we like to give to the economy of the countries we visit. Usually the companies are private individuals that are providing a service to travelers.
    I reviewed the previous travelers experience in TripAdvisor and chose Cuba Connection Tour.
    A small company located in Havana who originally started with two individuals have now expanded to 11 member team in 8 years. We had the pleasure of being grouped with Jose and Gilbert. These gentlemen were really exceptional from start to finish. We started off with them breaking down the tour which started with a morning walking tour through the new city and then the old city of Havana. As tour guides they were very knowledgeable
    View All 13,589 Havana Cruise Port Reviews