3. Marella Explorer
We chose this cruise as we had done three other cruises with Thomsons and thought the new ships would be an improvement. I have to say we were a little disappointed. Good points were that staff were excellent and the cabin facilities were good and very clean. Service was good. Bad points were the food in the inclusive restaurants was very poor we felt but the service was good. We didn't go in the other restaurants as felt we had paid enough for the holiday without paying more. As another review said we didn't like the fact that customers didn't follow the dress code and were too casual in the main dining room, I.e shorts in the evening. They should have been turned away. If they wanted to be that casual should have eaten in the self service. The shows were boring same old singing and dancing which we get fed up with. The swimming pool area was very noisy during the day and we did not even entertain the idea of sitting there. (There is only one pool). The cabin walls are thin and we could here almost every word from the family from hell next door with their screaming kids who banged and screamed with their mother shouting back. (I do have teenagers and would never have let them have such disrespect of others around them). My daughters bunk bed moved as a result of next doors kids jumping on their beds. Overall we had a good holiday but we thought that the food quality had suffered as a result of All Inclusive and maybe next time will pick an Adults only cruise.

Poor food

Marella Explorer Cruise Review by Schnauzer owner

Schnauzer owner’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Marella Explorer price drops

No problems with this cabin apart from its neighbours. Good window, good shower, nice and clean.