3. Columbus
We are seasoned cruisers but it was my first time on Cruise and Maritime. The cruise was wonderful. Good weather, great ports, superb excursions. A very comfortable & large inside cabin as well, Food in my opinion was excellent. So why the rating. The following let the ship down. The ship was full, 1, insufficient seats in the buffet for people to have their meals at breakfast & lunch in a civilised, relaxed and orderly manner on sea days & excursion days.it was like a rugby scrum. You literally had to put something on your seat before getting food otherwise someone else would take it. you could not sit and chat after you finished as people would hover over you with their breakfast or lunch waiting to sit down. The restaurant was waiter served and I believe they could easily have made this part buffet as well as other cruise companies have done. 2, frequently no cutlery, mugs, glasses and plates and when this happened they were brought it was a few at a time hot from the dishwasher. Furniture too low to be comfortable 3,Cocktails Frequently the ingredients were changed to make them & cordial was added to mask the no/little alchohol added' I was told that i had to accept inferior products for them at standard prices e.g. cherry liqueur rather than cherry brandy . I sent one back 4 times before I got what i was supposed to have. For that to occur I stood and watched him make it. 4,Poorly equipped Shop no paracetamol, plasters limited toiletries' choice but plenty of olive oil, bubblegum and cigarettes. If I was Cruise and Maritime I would send some undercover management as passengers to go on this ship and I bet they would be amazed at what goes on.

Baltic Cruise

Columbus Cruise Review by Melimited

The following let the ship down. The ship was full,

Furniture too low to be comfortable

3,Cocktails

4,Poorly equipped Shop

Melimited’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

The cabin was large spacious and comfortable. What spoilt it was the hairdryer did not have UK plug despite it being a UK ship and everything needed a foreign adapter, I waited over 1 hour with wet hair before it was sorted by my husband, The correct plugs should be on the electrical items.The socket was too low to allow camera batteries to be charged so all the men had to take them to reception.
Despite this I would definitely give Cruise and Maritime a second chance as I believe that better furniture, 2 breakfast sittings/ better use of the restaurant as a breakfast and lunch venue, additional crockery and cutlery, better choice in the shop and control of all staff serving drinks can really put this ship and company on the map