• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Eclipse Review

Editor Rating
102 Awards

Not family friendly. Smoking everywhere.

Review for Celebrity Eclipse to the British Isles & Western Europe
Ummed
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 2A
Traveled with children

We cruised with Celebrity May 28 - June 7 on Celebrity Eclipse to Ireland, Iceland and Shetland. This was our 3rd cruise with Celebrity and was very disappointed with the service. Unfortunately there were a lot of sea days which made the bad service feel even worse.

This cruise was not kid friendly at all. I have a 6 year old son who travelled with us.

First of all, the weather was 30 degrees outside so not possible to swim in the regular pool so I asked the manager, Ernaud, at the Solarium pool what time the family hours were as there was no sign. He told me 5pm. During our Alaska cruise on the Solstice last summer, the family hours were clearly posted at the pool with multiple signs, but not on the Eclipse. We arrived at 5:45pm and immediately after we got into the pool, one of the pool attendants told us we had to get out of the pool as the family hours were 6pm. There were only 2 other people swimming in the pool at the time. I told him that the manager, Ernaud, told us that it was 5pm and he said that we had to get approval from customer relations if we wanted to swim. So we got out of the pool in the freezing weather and my son was very upset that he wasn't able to swim. On the way out, we ran into the pool supervisor, Fard, and I explained the situation, and he also refused to let us use the pool.

Deluxe Veranda 2A