• Newsletter

SouthPhillyMichele
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2004
Cabin:

Hey Everyone... Here is my review for the Grandeur of the Seas. Sunday we drove to the pier in Baltimore. This is very easy. Once you drive up to the guard they ask to see your tickets, after verification you are allowed to proceed forward. There are plenty of people/workers directing you to the ship. They will stop and ask you "Are you leaving the Ship or are you boarding the Ship"? Once you have been directed to the ship, your car is unloaded by a "Long Shore Man" You are then asked to park your car. A shuttle was there to pick up hubby and bring him back to me at the ship. (I waited with the carry on's).

Boarding was VERY VERY easy. We walked right through, showed our passports, tickets, and then received our Sea Pass... After we were then directed to get a picture, asked to see our Sea Pass & ID one more time and then was allowed on the ship. We got on the ship at 12:30. Our room was ready! Hubby and I went to the Windjammer and had lunch (which was very good)...

First day at Sea was nice. There were lots of Activates for you to do. We pretty much wanted to take everything in so we walked around the ship a few times... The ship is very beautiful. It did not seem crowded considering there were SO MANY PEOPLE on this ship. Beautiful Pictures, Glass Windows every where and the waiters are very very nice. I would have to say the ship does need to be "Dried Docked" for a upgrade, which I'm pretty sure the captain said that this was going to happen soon. It was a little worn, BUT on the same note, the crew members did a great job keeping it clean.

previous reviewnext review