3. Avalon Tranquility II
This was my first foray into cruising. My friend and I didn't think we would like cruises but I wanted to check it off my bucket list. So we chose a cruise that was relatively short so that we wouldn't be "stuck" doing something that didn't meet expectations. Avalon exceeded all my expectations. We were both extremely pleased with everything about the cruise. The cabin was more than large enough for both of us. The beds were very comfortable. The panoramic window provided an excellent view of the passing scenery. The shore excursions were varied and the local guides were excellent. The food was fabulous. My only complaint was that there was too much of it and it was so good that it was difficult to refrain from eating too much. I stayed in my room and skipped one meal because I knew I couldn't turn anything down. The service was extraordinary. I can't think of one thing that was negative. The WIFI worked well all of the time. The bathroom was comfortable and the toiletries were excellent. The room was always clean. The staff was more than pleasant. I praise Avalon and river cruising to everyone interested in hearing about my trip (and to people who aren't interested.

Fantastic cruise

IrishCJH’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Tranquility II price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 223
Two twin beds for my friend and me. They faced the floor to ceiling window so we had an excellent view of the shore. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was great. The beds were soft. Plenty of room for storage. A desk, sofa and chair. Lots of outlets for charging. A good sized safe (it held two laptops and various camera equipment.
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins