3. Silver Discoverer
As an expedition, this was 10/10 - the organization, the shore excursions, the timing and above all, the amazing naturalists onboard could not have been better. We LOVED the Kimberly and rate it in our top 3-5 lifetime wildlife/wilderness experiences (up there with the Galapagos and African safaris). But, as experienced Crystal/Regent cruisers, the expectations we had for the ship and service on Silverseas were not met - the ship is the perfect size for this itinerary but dated and a bit run down. I understand it's being replaced, but with a ship 2.5x the size - I am not optimistic how that will work in the remote Kimberly, so it may actually be better to go now on a slightly sub-standard ship than wait for the swanky new and TOO BIG one. What was not really "OK" though was the poor wine and food service - so easy to fix - I can only assume the kind, willing staff was either not properly trained or not given enough feedback because it was really not correct. Hotel service was fine. All in all, I'd go again and recommend this cruise, but you need to manage expectations (and really, they should fix what they presumably could fix so very easily....).

Amazing expedition - disappointing service

Silver Discoverer Cruise Review by JTor

JTor’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Discoverer price drops

Explorer Suite with Portholes
Cabin ES
Very dated décor and poor storage space, but quiet and bed was comfy.
Deck 3 Suite Cabins