Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review

Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review by Viking Countess

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

This was my 29th cruise (12 different cruise companies). I was really disappointed.

The officers are very arrogant and aloof and only acknowledge repeat passengers. Many people have done 10+ Azamara cruises.

The cabin staff, bar staff and waiters are all very friendly and service and food was good.

My husband complained about a few things but they didn't take any notice because we are only 2nd time passengers. My husband discussed this with a lady from the clique and she openly boasted how they would "listen to her" if she complained !!

Other clique passengers blatantly ignored signs saying CLOSED and go in anyway - like they own the ship and are clearly used to preferential treatment.

The ship is old and despite the refurbishment it is still very evident. The Ladies toilet's smell musty and remind me of the 1970's. Its not dirty. The ship was very clean. Its just very old.

The DJ ruined the party every night. He had absolutely do idea how to do his job. He had a terrible attitude. My husband said to him your going to get bad reviews and he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't care.

After the white night party (which was good) we were told to carry on the party in the Living Room. But when we got there the atmosphere was flat and music didn't come on for 45 minutes. A manager was stood there and my husband asked him why and he just blanked him and walked away to the clique. Who proceeded to talk about my husband and stare at him !!

I have never experienced such an atmosphere and unwelcome feeling aboard a ship. I have only travelled on the same ship a few times but generally get on well with other passengers and officers and don't have any problems.

Azamara need to address this - I have businesses too and we all need new customers to survive.

Viking Countess's Full Rating Summary

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V3 8024

Refurbsihed nicely but old aspects such as the safe - Cabin staff were great

Previous Review