3. American Queen
This was probably the best cruise experience my wife and I ever had in over 16 years of cruising on a variety of cruise lines. The all-American crew provided first class service and did put some meaning to the idea of joining the AQSC family. American Queen was a true elegant Southern Belle affording us an experience closeted in sophisticated Southern Charm with true superior service. The entertainment was far better than we ever imagined with some class acts worthy of a place on Broadway. From the time of joining this steamboat at the included first night in the Hilton at the Ballpark in St. Louis until departure from the Premier Excursion at Minneapolis Airport, we never lacked the attention of the crew. Obtaining our boarding tickets for the included Hop-on / Hop-off tour busses was an easy nightly task that ensured we knew when we had to be at the gangway. Food was of the best and copious glasses of wine at dinner added to a very convivial atmosphere. We just cannot wait for the next publication of itineraries to select our 2020 return trip up the Ohio and Tennessee rivers on this beauty of a steamboat (or a sister). The only Premier excursions we purchased were the tours on Joining and departing the ship (with Airport Drop-off). All guides whether on the Hop-on / Hop-off or Premier excursions were of the highest calibre. Well done AQSC you have spoilt me, and now you've got me for life.

An American Dream come true on American Queen

American Queen Cruise Review by KeithandLiz

Well done AQSC you have spoilt me, and now you've got me for life.
Guest Experience Manager, Guest Relations Manager has responded
Dear KeithandLiz, Thank you so much for the rave review! We are very pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations and you are our customer for life! Our team works extremely hard to ensure each and every one of our guests have a river cruise experience that surpasses all others ! We look forward to welcoming you aboard the American Duchess, American Empress, or the American Queen in the very near future. If we can assist you, please feel free to contact us at guestrelations@aqsc.com. Thank you! Linda Guest Experience Manager American Queen Steamboat Company
KeithandLiz’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

The first time I had accommodation without a window (ex-Submariner) and wondered how I would cope. We have been spoilt with Oceanview and Balcony cabins previously. Surprisingly it did not matter one iota we did not miss the outside view and were not bothered with external sounds.

Beds were comfortable and superior linen provided. Bath towels and bathrobes were excellent and of the finest quality.