Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by 216Homer

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

I'm going to start with the one negative, elevators. I got to know the stairs pretty well b/c the elevators were constantly full and/or took forever. There is 6000 people on board so it is what it is, excercise is a good thing. If you don't like crowds Harmony is not for you, but you adapt. The staff was really great except at the pool bar when we wanted pop in the souvenir cup they'd ignore us. Gratuity driven maybe? Besides that, our dinner waiter in American icon Jonathan (table 150) was incredible! I'd cruise again just to deal with him, he bent over backwards for us as did the drink guy. All staff always said hi and had a smile. The food was very good and there was a lot of it! Windjammer was always jammed packed of people at meals, Solarium bistro was our go to b/c I got tired of crowds. If you like coffee it's actually pretty good and free! I bought the coffee card and if all you want it regular coffee save your money. Soda package is great for the kids and water package was great for the islands. The pools are ok but always real full. Hot tubs were nice but kids splashing and jumping in got real old. Solarium at night took care of that, during the day though its very hot. In the afternoon it's difficult to find chairs on deck. If you smoke they have a real nice area on deck 15 with chairs, I figured it be off away under a stair or something but its a nice area. You can smoke in the casino too which is nice but could be very crowded. There are a lot of shows and things to do on board. St Maarten has great shopping but pushy locals. I get it though they had a hurricane and that is how they survive, but more than once I had to tell people to back the hell up. I want to go back though for sure! Labadee had deep sand and was nice, but very corporate. The excursions though didn't seem worth the $ IMO.

Puerto Rico was ok, we walked around San Juan and the forts. Shopping not very good compared to St Maarten, get alcohol on St Maarten and jewelry. Cigarettes real cheap too, but only allowed one carton despite what the people tell you. Getting off the ship was a breeze right thru customs, though figuring out where the shuttle picks you up is confusing. Coming on board was a snap too, very quick and thorough. I can't wait to go again, I'm officially hooked!

216Homer's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 9674

The ocean view balcony was my favorite aspect if the room. We fit 4 if us in here and with the couch bed out it was pretty tight, but manageable. Enough storage for 4 of us no problems (bring a hanging shoe holder it helped a ton!). It's a ship, bathroom is small but enough area to hold all our toiletries. I'm 6ft 2 and the shower was ok for me, plenty of hot water and just enough room to maneuver. Our room attendant was great.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

You get on and off. Not much to see except shipping containers. Kind of confusing but once in the terminal things move fast.

St. Maarten

Awesome shopping! You can n egotistical pretty good deals. Locals hound you all the time, but I understand why tourism is there big income. If you drink or smoke, both are cheap as hell. Buy here! Great water and ok beaches, sorta crowded. 2 chairs for $25 w/free WiFi and 5 drinks on the beach. The city and area were recovering still from hurricane, tight streets and a bunch of police keeps things safe. I can't wait to go back, wish we had more time there.

San Juan

Port fees I guess are expensive, so there wasn't much time here. We just walked around old San Juan and checked out the shops. Some deals but St Maarten was better shopping. It was cool to see but honestly next cruise I'd rather not go back.

Labadee

I mean it's RC's playground, by this point I had enough of the sun and ocean. If you love beach and sand or have a bunch if money for zip lines and jet skis then you'll love it! The beaches were very nice, water is beautiful and clear. Wife got attacked by a crab lol. Scenery is nice, but next time I'd rather go somewhere else personally.

216Homer