3. Norwegian Bliss
This was our 14th cruise over the last 32 years and I have to say it was by far the biggest disappointment. This was our first NCL cruise since the Norway and it will probably be the last. I think cruising is heading in the wrong direction. It is no longer the bargain it once was. At the end of the day we paid over $7,000 for my wife, my grand daughter, and myself for a standard balcony room on this cruise. That does not include airfare, and excursions. Below is a list of Pros and cons of the Bliss. Pros, 1) New ship 2) Observation Lounge (however, good luck finding a seat in there!!! I think they could add many seats in the lounge and still have a spacious feel. Also, I think serving food in there is a bad idea. We tried to get a seat on several occasions and could not find one. 3) Main shows Jersey Boys and Havana were very good, Jersey Boys probably the best at sea. Cons 1) smallest balcony cabin we ever had on any ship 2) worst dining room food and service by far that we ever had. The food was so bad it forced you to eat in specialty restaurants or the buffet. We ate at Cagney's and La Cucina, both were good. However, for example we spent $80 (over what we already spent on the cruise) not including drinks or desert at Cagneys and we both had Filet's which was equivalent to what you would get at Outback Steak House not a high end restaurant. For some reason they push the buffet by advertising all over the ship what they are serving for dinner. I thought the buffet food was below average, but not as bad as the main dining room. 3) Lack of entertainment areas on the ship, so they hold events every evening in the Atrium which is small and not nearly enough seats. The ship has so many restaurants there is little room for entertainment spaces. 4) This ship was designed for Alaska, yet the main pool does not have a retractable roof. So, on sea days when the weather is to cold to be outside, the pool decks are just a waste of space. 5) Ship is to big to get close to Sawyer Glacier (big disappointment) On our last Alaskan Cruise we turned around right in front of the Glacier, the Bliss turned around 1/4 - 1/2 mile away. 6) Gym is way too small for a ship this size 7) Staff are not properly trained especially in the dining areas 8) The fact that you have to make reservations for shows, specialty restaurants, bumper cars, laser tag, and all are sold out within an hour or two of boarding the ship 9) Drink package does not include bottled water or coffee from the one or two bars that offer it. Really, you can get a beer but not a bottle of water! 10) Victoria is a nice city, but I rather spend more time in Alaska on an Alaskan cruise. I know I must sound like a complainer, but I am not. I never experienced disappointment on a cruise like the Bliss and I want to try to help others not make the same mistake. If I had the chance to do it over, I would pick a smaller ship on another line, or fly right into Alaska.

Norwegian Bliss; don't waste your money!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by jgperegrine

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Pros,

1) New ship

Cons

1) smallest balcony cabin we ever had on any ship

6) Gym is way too small for a ship this size

7) Staff are not properly trained especially in the dining areas

jgperegrine’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 12220
Smallest cabin ever. Barely enough room to walk around the bed.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins