3. Norwegian Bliss
First the good: The ship is new and beautiful. The service was good (helped a lot being in the Haven Suites), and the food was really good. Our Butler and Concierge were generally readily available and helped a lot with show reservations and go-kart bookings (extra charge), and dining reservations. The show Jersey Boys was incredibly good. Several in our group thought it was a better production than they've seen in Chicago and New York. The BAD: Check the deck plans, and the elevators are WAY spaced out and WAY to busy. Every other cruise ship I've been on has had 3 banks of elevators (forward, mid, and aft). This ship only has 2 banks of elevators which makes for ALOT of walking. I mean ALOT of walking cause its a BIG ship. We were in a forward facing cabin (Haven Suite, but not in the Haven section, more on this later), so to go to the observation lounge/bar we would have to walk about a football field to go to the elevators or stairs to go up a few floors and then walk another football field to get back to the front Observation Lounge/Bar. Whoever designed this should immediately take note. Ridiculous not having enough elevators on this size ship. Even when confronted with the staff about this problem, they all seem to get this from many people. Second issue: Our Haven Suite number 11706. The room is nice and layed out well. Tons of storage. Actually way to much storage for a week cruise. Takes up a lot of room having this much storage for only a week at sea. Balcony on this stateroom category is HORRIBLE. From the "floor plan" on Norwegian site it looks like a huge wrap-around balcony... IT"S NOT... It's TINY and barely fits 2 chairs and a small table. Not at all adequate for what is supposed to be an expensive HAVEN SUITE. Do not book this forward facing corner "Suite" if you want any balcony space at all. It's terrible. I must also add the hallways are the most narrow I have ever seen on a ship. I was traveling with someone who needed a scooter, and it was terrible. The scooter can only pass a cart or another person if they stood in the indented area of the room doors. Also felt nickel and dimed on the cruise. We got the Premium Drink Package and it DID NOT INCLUDE BOTTLED WATER.... NO BOTTLED WATER. I could order a $15. glass of scotch or wine and get that free, but not a bottle of water ? I was SHOCKED. Another place that got expensive were all the different dining options at (considerably) expensive prices for whats to be an "up charge". The Mandarin Spa was gorgeous, but...….. as a guy, I would like some private space. The entire Spa is entirely "co-ed". So bathing suites are required everywhere you go. It's also a very expensive addition at $229 per person for a week. So, while the ship is new and beautiful, I would never book this ship again (ever). It's most definitely a kid friendly ship and not built for comfort.

Poorly designed ship.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by naperguy12

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: The Haven Suite (Connecting Stateroom)

naperguy12’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

The Haven Suite (Connecting Stateroom)
Cabin H8 11706
Tiniest balcony I've ever seen. Barely room for 2 chairs and small table. It's not a wrap around as it appears on the website. Way to much storage space for a week at sea.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins