3. Emerald Princess
We cruised on Ruby Princess a few months ago to Mexico and were very impressed with the line so we booked our AK trip with Princess too. Entertainment were great. Staff members were amazing. Food was fresh and elegantly prepared and served. Formal meals were not just for eating---but events to be experienced. There were 10 adults + 1child (4 yo) and we would split up to go to trivia challenges or tour backstage and do a Q&A with the dancers/singers or play a table game we found in the library and then all meet up for dinner or watched a comedian or magician together. So--there was plenty of togetherness with enough opportunities for down time to decompress. The people that made this cruise ship stand out are Alex (cruise director), Yessy and Ampolo (asst cruise directors), Juliet (hostess in Horizon and DaVinci restaurants) and Jose Luis (waiter in Curtis Stone's Share restaurant). They're all so freaking adorable that I wanted to take them home with me!! The excursions at the ports of call were fun and interesting but I could have stayed on the ship for the entire week and taken line dancing classes or played Family Feud or Who's The Cuckoo? and don't think I ever would have tired of it. My brother and sister-in-law were both finalists in VOICE of the Ocean and that was fun to cheer them on to the finale. Bring nice clothes to dress up a bit for dinner. It's not mandatory (except on formal nights) but it will make you feel special. It was hard to go home after having an entire fleet of crew members there to pamper and spoil us. This is the life!!!

BEST. FAMILY. REUNION.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Precious LLL

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

This is the life!!!
Precious LLL’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E702
Stateroom was a bit small and shower was very small (RV size) but adequate for our needs. We were only there to sleep anyway. Furniture is a bit dated but in good shape. Plenty of closet space/dresser drawers/shelves. This room had no obstructions at all. Would have wanted a balcony room if it was warmer but it was too cold to sit outside. We had the benefits of the balcony (great view!) without having to pay the higher price.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins