3. Norwegian Bliss
My family of four (15 and 13 year old) cruised on the Bliss in July. The embarkation process was very well organized and went smoothly. The ship was beautiful and immucaulate. As soon as we got on board we ran to book the race track and laser tag , they have these convenient kiosks on every floor where you can book activities, we found an empty kiosk two floors up and had no problem booking a go cart ride and laser tag. We were only allowed to book one at a time , we were able to ride the race track a total of 5 times as we went standby . (There’s a standby line for those who can’t book a reservation). The laser tag was fully booked and we only could play one game . Both were really fun . My only complaint was the charge , $10 a ride per person for the race track and $5 a person for laser tag , I paid $6,500 for this cruise I felt NCL was nickeling and diming us with these charges. I didn’t think it was necessary to charge for the main attraction on the ship. We booked a balcony on deck 13 and it was fine, not a lot of room for a family of four but it was fine we had bunk beds for the kids. The Dining was good, food was good nothing amazing (no lobster night ) but it was good , I never had a long wait for the main restaurants and always found a table at the buffet. I didn’t try any of the specialty restaurants that had an extra charge, there were more extra charge restaurants than included restaurants which was very annoying. The entertainment was good, Jersey Boys was excellent and Havana was good. The ports and excursions I booked through the cruise was also good very well organized , not a lot of time in each port , I felt a little rushed. It was a little chilly so having the observation room was nice , we saw whales while sailing toward the glaciers, It was very difficult to get a seat in the room, people claimed their chairs early and didn’t move. The staff and service was excellent , the workers really worked hard , everyone was friendly and efficient . For a trip to Alaska I thought there should of been an indoor pool and some more indoor activities, I sailed RCL Athem of the seas and they had an indoor pool, indoor sports plex with bumper cars that were not an extra charge , I feel due to the cold and rainy weather in Alaska maybe NCL should of had these accommodations. You really only had 2 days where you could sit by the pool , the Bliss did not have enough hot tubs , they were always packed. I’ve been on several cruises , this was my 3rd NCL cruise , I go back and forth with RCL and NCL, I find NCL is getting a little cheesy with all the extra charges , I had the drink package but it didn’t include the fresh OJ at breakfast or cappuccinos after dinner . Too many extra charges , I noticed the kids arcade games that were $1 or $2 a game last year are now $1.20 to $2.10 a game , really they had to increase an arcade game by 10 to 20 cents ? I definitely felt nickeled and dimed on this ship . I would recommend the ship , we had a great time but it’s not an all inclusive I felt once I paid my $6,500 most things should of been included. Alaska is beautiful, the scenery is just amazing , we saw lots of whales from our balcony and while eating at the buffet.

Beautiful Ship

Cabin BD 13868
Balcony room was nice , a bit small for 4 people,
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mendenhall Glacier Rafting
    Excellent tour , so much fun riding down the rapids . Beautiful scenery . Definitely worth the money . Very organized with the ship and transport to and from the glacier. Excellent and knowledgeable staff on the tour. Would highly recommend.
    View All 40 Mendenhall Glacier Rafting Reviews
  • Ketchikan
    Fun tour , got lots of useful information about Ketchikan.
    View All 1,760 Ketchikan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ketchikan Cruise Port Review
  • Seattle
    Seattle is a fun city , lots of walking around . Loved the space needle and Pike Market. Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Hotel which was excellent and walking distance to everything.
    View All 822 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    We liked the train ride , it’s a little long 3 hours round trip but it was fun, beautiful scenery . Not much to do in Skagway , some shops and walking around so taking the train was fun.
    View All 1,085 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Whale Watching
    Victoria was absolutely beautiful. We walked to the harbor and decided last minute to book a whale watching tour with a company that we found while walking, orca spirit , It was the best tour I ever took it was a 3 hour zodiac boat ride and we saw a bunch of whales , our captain Ed was so knowledgeable . I would definitely recommend this tour , it was cheaper than the cruise excursion because we were charged in Canadian money which was a better exchange for US residents .
    View All 51 Whale Watching Reviews