Silver Spirit Cruise Review

First class all the way!

Silver Spirit Cruise Review by SEEKER1

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite

We chose this cruise because I wanted to cruise the Baltic Sea and my husband doesn't like big ships. I hadn't been on silversea before but I liked the itinerary and the cruising dates. My sister and her husband joined us. They thought the pricing was rather high and they didn't want to dress for dinner. However I convinced them it would be worth the cost and effort. After booking I was second guessing my decision because I found the SilverSea travel agent really shockingly terrible. He didn't return my phone calls or emails. I only spoke to him when I was lucky enough to reach him directly by phone. I was absolutely appalled. He never returned my sister's emails or phone calls either. Also I read some bad reviews on the chat line. Happily the cruise was fabulous in almost every way. The service was superb! Our suite was large, clean, functional and beautiful. We loved every restaurant and lounge. The decks were fantastic and the entertainment was outstanding. We had a great time in every port. The only area that didn't measure up were the SilverSea excursions. They could definitely have been much better. For example, not one of them had headsets and the groups were too large not to have them. That wasn't the only problem but I'm going into details on that. Luckily, we booked Alla Tours in St Petersburg which was excellent.

SEEKER1's Full Rating Summary

Panorama Suite
Cabin PR 852

Spacious, clean, well lit, functional and beautiful. Lots of drawers and closet space.

Stockholm

Only spent and afternoon and morning here but wish I'd had more time. Loved the ice bar for its uniqueness. We styed at the Sheraton which is well located and has good rooms. Also the cruiseline picked us up from there to the ship.

Old Town Porvoo

Too long a bus ride to a uninteresting town. Might have been more interesting if the church had been open to tour. Also there were no headphones and the group was too big to hear.

View All 55 Old Town Porvoo Reviews

The tour was whirlwind but we saw everything in 3 very full, long days. We had headphones and never had to wait in line. The bus driver was great. We had lunch every day in a Russian restaurant. Once lunch there was a group of Russian singers and accordian player. Everything was great!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Old Town of Tallinn

It was a rather long drive to a place that was ok but nothing much. The lunch however was really great as it seemed to be very typical Estonian food. Also the stop in old Tallin was very interesting but too short.

View All 189 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews