Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

escaped the snow with Miracle

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by artgal2

• Sail Date: Jan 2010
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

Having cruise the Carnival Legend last year I tried not to have higher expectations for another great cruise...just in case. But the sister ship Miracle didn't disappoint me. Our rates were good as we got the early saver reservations. The decor is different, not as classy, but festively fun. I knew my way around as the layout of decks is easy to maneuver and just like the Legend. I was worried about my room steward not being as friendly and attentive as last year but Leopold was more than expected and felt like an old friend by the end of the eight days. Our room was quickly cleaned and kept supplied with whatever we needed and yes,,,,towel animals too. The ship was constantly being cleaned and I am aware of such things. Food: Room service was prompt and welcomed each morning with coffee. I have to say the great food was even better this time around. Honestly, I can't see where there is complaint. I am used to better dining experiences and I eat healthy. Even though I could not pass up Melting Chocolate Cake and some other desserts, the Spa Foods offer a great low cal selection and sugarless desserts tasted just a well as the high sugar ones. Anytime seating is the best way to go to allows for you to pick when you want to go to dinner. I recommend spending the $30 a plate for an elegant dining experience with gracious service in the Supper Club. The decor was romantic and with an upscale New Your theme. The fillet Mignon and lobster were prepared perfectly and the 5 chocolate samples were to die for. Our two days at sea were filled with activities if you select to do them or if you wish read a book on the sun deck. I mixed it up a bit with both. From lectures to bingo to crafts and dance lessons and outrageous group games. The cruise directors were fun, enthusiastic and creative. I believe the entertainment was better than last year and I have to comment on the band in Frankies and Johnnies. The Movin' Music Band was fantastic to dance to and with, as the drummer sometimes came out on the dance floor to join us. Their music was rock to soft country and the lead singer could mimic the original singers of songs perfectly. The band also was featured in the Beatles Review night that was a mix of Beatles video, live dancers and music. My spa experience was also pleasant and I took advantage of a two hour facial and massage. The gym was attractive and clean and with elliptical trainers and other equipment...even though I have to say my exercise routine suffered this trip. Our shore excursions to ST Maarten (our kayaking trip was canceled so we rode around the island and to Orleans Beach), St. Lucia (a ride to the Pitons, around the island and soaks in the hot springs were fun with our guide with many stops along the way)and St. Kitts: Catamaran tour and snorkeling.

Embarktation was smooth and quick (such a change from last year at Tampa)and disembarkation was very quick after initially waiting in line for the okay to leave the ship from customs.

All in all, I had to come back to shore and the cold and the snow....but I have will have Island Time in my mind and booking for next year.

artgal2's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 8 7239

My balcony cabin with king bed, couch (extra twin bed converted) was mid way on the 7th floor around a corner from the stairs and elevators. But guess what? no noise! I found it convenient to hop on the elevator or run up two flights to the Lido deck in no time. Our view was great and unobstructed on our balcony and window. Three closets were plenty room for the two of us (and 3 persons last year on the Legend), apply drawer space and bathroom had a vanity with separate storage spaces for each person's toiletries.

Beds, pillows and linens were soft and comfy.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

St. Kitts was beautiful, warm, clean and friendly. We enjoyed out catamaran sail out to St. Nevis and around the shores of Kitts and to Reggae Beach and a stop for snorkeling of the boat. Our experienced crew were fun, very social and gracious in their hospitality to us serving drinks, lunch and great music with dancing. What more could I ask for? Sun, smooth sailing, reggae music, snorkeling, the beach, rum punches, lunch and lots of laughs. Even though I toured the island from the sea I was impressed with island and its friendly people.

artgal2